“Good, but mixed”
Review of Cactus Grill

Cactus Grill
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Clearlake
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: It's on every other website, Facebook, Google, yelp, yellow pages..etc etc and its the saving grace of Clearlake
Reviewed July 29, 2017

This is an interesting and more sophisticated restaurant in Clearlake. I ordered the salmon taco, which was excellent, and the chile relleno, which was mediocre (mostly just a mass of melted cheese).
Nice atmosphere, good service.
They also have an outdoor patio.
Good salsa bar with a variety of heat levels.
It's difficult to notice from the street due to a lack of good signage, so make sure you have the address so that you don't miss it.

Reviewed July 22, 2017

We decided to eat here our only night in Clearlake based on internet reviews. Looks like they were right. Although the furnishings are nothing special, the service and food was way above average. The restaurant filled up pretty completely on a weeknight, both inside and out, the beer was cold, the prices reasonable, and both their bean types are vegan - no lard. And if you're feeling lazy, they do a bustling takeout business. Enjoy!

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

I really want to like the place, but the food was just okay. Friendly staff, cool salsa bar, and laid-back decor. Prices okay and location is central. Will likely go back but not as a favorite.

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

I've eaten here before and been thoroughly pleased but this time was a disappointment. The food was only OK but the service was good. I do like the patio with the cover to sit outside in the shade of a warm day.

Reviewed November 7, 2016 via mobile

A year later since my last visit. Desperate again for fresh food after dealing with Valley Fire-related moving. Not any better than last time, and now I think I'll remember why I didn't like it last time. We ate here on a Friday -- bad mistake. I ordered the apple avocado chicken salad. The plates look fresh, live lettuce and all. Then you realize that except for the cabbage, the lettuce, and the avocado, everything else was sliced and cut up many, many days before, probably even last week. The carrot shreds were dry, the apple chunks were uneven and had that watery look from sitting in the fridge like that for so long. The meat was okay, but it just offered texture and no flavor in a tasteless mix of mushy vegetable and fruit. I suppose the walnuts were supposed to add richness. I have a friend who loves coming here--maybe it will be better on a Monday when the food is likely to be at its freshest, but I think it's just cos he's hungry and there's not many places to get vegetarian options.