“Too many issues for a newer property”

Hampton Inn & Suites Clovis - Airport North
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Sunny CA
“Too many issues for a newer property”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We have stayed at this property at least half a dozen times or more the past year and a half and every time there is an issue with the room. This past weekend will be our last time staying at this property. We had two rooms reserved one king suite and one king handicapped accessible room. Upon check in the king handicapped room had issues with the air conditioning. This is our third stay with air issues and we all know that its hotter than hates in Fresno/Clovis during the summer. While waiting for the repairman for the air we discovered the tv didn't work at all in that room. When we brought this to the front desks attention we were told there was no rooms available as there was a million young ball players there for the night. Loud and rowdy teens running about. But were assured that the occupants of the room with no tv would be relocated the next day when rooms became available. The next day after returning from our outing a new room was assigned and the new room had a burnt out main light in the bathroom and the toilet paper holder had been ripped off and was in the floor leaving nothing but metal sticking out from the wall. When I approached the hotel manager in the morning she apologized that "The room did not meet my expectations" I asked her if that room would meet her expectations and she said no but had no answers as to why everything is always broken at their fairly new property. I questioned if the cleaning staff reported to anyone of broken fixtures, burnt out lights, or nonworking equipment but I am guessing they don't and you would think they would being the only hotel employee to be in rooms between guests. But I guess its ok for a handicapped individual who has a visual disability to be in a room with little to no bathroom light and metal sticking out of the wall where your leg is when using the bathroom. When packing to check out this morning I found a used shower cap in our closet... GROSS!! Long story short AVOID THIS PROPERTY!! The desk didn't offer anything other than sorry that you weren't happy with our broken crap. I did call the Hampton Inn main office complaint line and we were refunded the one room but too little too late this shouldn't have happened at all to begin with.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!! Terrible property,
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
AmyHWSGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clovis - Airport North, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for being a guest at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Clovis. I have read your comments and needless to say your unfortunate stay has caused us all great concern. Incidents such as yours are really quite rare. We accommodate thousands of guests each month, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide an excellent product and service at a reasonable price. We are deeply committed to this goal. However, it’s disappointing when events such as yours occurred.

We offer no excuses for the problems you experienced and want you to know that corrective action is currently underway with our Maintenance and Housekeeping Staff. We are confident the guest room issues you addressed will be resolved, so this will not occur again. On behalf of the entire staff of the Hampton Inn & Suites in Clovis, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you were caused.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
RI
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here for 1 week in April 2012. It's a basic hotel as anyone knows who has stayed at a Hampton Inn. But I did enjoy my stay here and this is an above average Hampton Inn. I had a very big room, I think it's their version of a suite. The room was super clean, comfortable, and quite. There are no flaws i could find with this hotel , to me it looks brand new. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was very nice and had a good selection of hot and cold food. I arrived at the airport after midnight and their shuttle does not run that late, however I was asked by the hotel to take a cab which the hotel paid. Thought that was a nice touch.
Cons: (minor ones) 1 - The pillows on the bed are soft and fluffy but are about half the length of a normal pillow. You need to push a few together to form a normal pillow. I was traveling with 5 others and they all had the same complaint (so was not just me). 2 - Location: you must drive if you want to get something to eat. There are not any restaurants in walking distance, not really a complaint just thought I'd note this.

I did like staying here and I properly will return to this area for buisness. This is where I will stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
AmyHWSGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clovis - Airport North, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for recently being a guest at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Clovis. We want to thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your comments are most appreciated and it was our sincere pleasure to be of service to you. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Clovis area!
Placerville, California
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed one night prior to a volleyball tournament. Hotel is newer, clean and efficient. Slept very well. The breakfast area was well stocked and kept very clean. This was my first time in the Clovis area, but I'd stay again if I was ever in the area.

Room Tip: Top floor away from elevator rooms seem very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kings_29
AmyHWSGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clovis - Airport North, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you for your lovely comments about the Hampton Inn & Suites in Clovis. We appreciate your kind words as we take great pride in our Hotel and the services we provide. On behalf of our entire staff, it was our pleasure to be of service to you and we hope to have you as our guest again in the future.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Newer place. Would recommend staying here. Not to far from the airport and close by restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Clovis and had a pleasant time. I was surprised at how quiet it was considering how close it was to the airport. We stayed one night for the Fresno Marathon. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2011

What a LOVELY, spacious, and well-appointed room--and for only $95 plus tax. Fresno Airport is only 10 minutes away. Very helpful staff. Free cookies. What more could you ask?

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
california
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Spent a Saturday evening at the Hampton in Clovis after a Fresno State football game. Was welcomed promptly upon arriving by the hotel and given a room on the 3rd floor. Room was what I expect from the Hampton's, which is why when I travel I always try to stay at one in the chain. Bed, pillows and bedding are always comfortable. The room was clean and spacious. The only item that was missing was a small refrigerator. When I travel, I always bring my own bottled water and snacks and find that having a refrigerator is very convenient. I am returning to this hotel early next year for a function and have already booked my room. I asked the hotel receptionist if any of the rooms had refrigerators and she stated that the king suites had them. I then advised her that I was returning in a couple of months and asked if it was possible to have a refrigerator placed in my room during my next stay. She said all I had to do was to call and give them a few days notice and that it would be no problem. The breakfast choices are adequate and the breakfast area was clean. Area is quiet and there is plenty of parking and good outdoor lighting during hours of darkness.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clovis
2.1 km away
3.3 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fresno Clovis
4.6 km away
Best Western Plus Fresno Airport Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Clovis - Airport North? Share your experiences!