“A GREAT HOTEL FOR SHOPPERS”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Commerce
Oslo, Norway
“A GREAT HOTEL FOR SHOPPERS”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We picked this hotel specifically for it's location. As we were aiming to shop, we thought this hotel would be perfect......and it was :)

This hotel is located inside the walls of the Citadel Outlet mall, just minutes away from several attractions, including Santa Monica beach, Beverly Hills, Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm and much more. The hotel is close to almost everything by car. Cabs work too, but this will cost you. Took a cab once to Hollywood city center, roughly 10 mins away without any traffic and it cost uf 50 usd. Busses, trains and other kinds of public transport are not recommended and are nearly impossible to figure out.

This hotel has all the necessary facilities a "big city" traveller needs. We found the open sitting area to be very nice and cozy. We would sit and order something to eat or drink after spending an entire day walking around and shopping.There is a restaurant and a bar onsite. There are several restaurants to choose from, just a 2 min walk away. I recommend going to Citadel mall's food court and diner. The hotel also has a small pool area, too small if you ask me. Always too crowded, so my son only tried it once and did not want to go back.

My son and I specifically loved their amazingly soft beds. Walking around all day really took toll on our body, specially our feet. And it felt really good to just throw yourself in such heavenly soft beds. Now I know why they call their beds "sweet dreams". The rooms were a bit small, could have been bigger. We booked a room with two queensized beds.

The staff were very friendly and accomodating. Nothing was too big for them. Always met people with a smile. They'd serve you a warm cookie upon arrival/check in, which tasted really good. Was too shy to ask for another one :)

I hope this helped you guys a bit. To those who will be staying at this hotel, have fun shopping :D

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank itchylovescratchy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Anyone visiting East LA this is the place to stay. Arriving from the airport tired and hungry after a long day of commuting it was a pleasant surprise to receive a warm cookie upon arrival at the front desk. Service was excellent and venue is immaculate.

Proximity to the shopping outlet is a nice, however, make sure you have a car to visit any of the other areas. I never eat at the restaurant,but, highly recommend Rubys Diner across the parking lot.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I booked days in advance of my stay and I was placed in the worst/ noisiest room next to the street and the elevator. I was told It was a bad room by the check in girl. I was also told I would not be moved or upgraded.

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank Sgiut12
JoeCisneros, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appologize we did not meet your expectations during your previous stay. We try to accomodate all of our guests requests regarding room location and unfortunately we were unable to meet your needs. I hope on a future visit to Los Angeles you will give us the opportunity to prove we care about our guests and we can find you a room that will better suit your needs.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 May 2012

a nice hotel close enough to downtown that you don't pay for all the downtown extra fees. Free parking, nice patio, clean rooms, I wish they had free internet but otherwise it's a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor,,,6th ot 7th floor..
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Located in the Citadel Outlet Mall... skip the shops but admire the lobby of the original office building (built to house the Sampson Tire Company). Ordinary Doubletree rooms, ample parking. Charge for wi-fi. Large fitness center with plenty of machines. My room reeked of musty shower curtain.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I am a hair and make up artist and I frequently travel for work. I was in town for The Grammys and had to work in different venues in downtown LA. This hotel was a good choice for that, but quite a drive in LA traffic for events in Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. Breakfast was good, but dinner in dining room was awful and the room service food was vile. Otherwise its a very reasonable place to stay when doing business in downtown.

Room Tip: great for downtown, but book closer in if you plan on being in Hollywood, Santa Monica or Beverly Hi...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 April 2012

You can always count on a Double Tree and this one was no different - new interiors, granite, flat screens, good beds, etc. very good hotel quality and great price for LA. The trade off - it is not in a trendy part of town, but it is easy access to Orange County and Santa Monica or Hollywood. I needed to go both places so it was a good central spot to stay for a low price point.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank ashleyet18
Also consider these accommodations in or near Commerce
Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce? Share your experiences!