“Consistently Very Good”

Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Description: Swagat is established in1991 December it's a family owned restaurant and owned by the same owner since then. Father and mother used to run with the family recipes and now it passed on to older son and daughter in law. They are also keep flowing the same recipes
Reviewed July 23, 2018

We have been coming here for years for a nice weekend lunch.

Most of the dishes are excellent. We enjoy the butter chicket, goat cury, lamb and peas, chicken tiki masala and pakoras.

The selection changes - but it is always a treat our family looks forward to.

Go for lunch and then don't worry about dinner.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

First, they must be doing something right, as the place was about half full at 2:00pm on a Saturday for lunch. What they seem to be doing right is the buffet lunch for the Non Indians. Interestingly, it is a South Indiana restaurant but the buffet was all North Indian. $12.95, eat all you want.

We ordered a la carte, masala dosas, idlis and vadas, the South Indian Special for $12.95.

All items came out together and if you are familiar with Dosa, it is large and obviously hard to fit everything on the table. By the time we had the appetizers - Idli and vada - the Dosa was cold!

As it is the Dosa was thick and not crispy and then the wait made it inedible! The sambhar was mild as were the chutneys.

Service: the husband and wife couple were trying hard to cover everything but they need more help.

Recommendation: go if you want bland Indian food.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed May 2, 2017

Visited the buffet on a Saturday night. The food was fresh, tasty, the right temperature, and there were a lot of options. I didn't find anything that I didn't like and a few dishes I really did like a lot. The restaurant is clean, there was plenty of parking, and the service was efficient. Since we had the buffet I'm not sure how the service is for ordering off the menu so I'm leaving that blank, but as far as drinks and clearing the dishes between trips to the food, it was more than acceptable. We will be back.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

I've been coming here for a little over 2 years and they've been consistent; getting worse! We ate there on the 15th, and all the "meats" were just sauces! There was very "little to none" meat (chicken, goat) in the saucy plates. They used to have chicken breast tandoori, but now it's drumsticks and thighs, including the chicken chili. The raita was watered down (waaaaay down!). This was sadly for them, my last visit!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed January 25, 2017

The food is much too oily and gave me indigestion. If you think this is authentic Indian food, you've never had it. I often feel sick after eating if the food is full of additives which this food seems to be. Not my favorite (can you tell?) BUT, you will see from my reviews that I am very particular about what I put in my body. PS: I spend a month in India and the food was spectacular everywhere we ate.

Date of visit: January 2017