“My introduction to Thai food was here, 35 years ago”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Taiwanese
Description: Phone - 925-825-3787
Description: Phone - 925-825-3787
Reviewed August 9, 2017

Thrilling Thai decor and intimate atmosphere. I first tasted Thai cuisine here years ago and still regard this as my go-to spot! Food is fresh, service fast and friendly. Moreover, they are truly accommodating. Good value and menu is wide ranging.

Reviewed March 27, 2017

It's unfortunate for them that they are around the block from the Thai Kitchen which is fabulous. I stopped in because I was curious. The people were very friendly and produced my papaya salad quickly. The place is comfortable and casual. My salad was good , but not great. Now that I have tried this place, I would probably pay the cost to go to the Thai Kitchen, because it's that much better. There were a lot of people here for lunch and it was busy. It has a good location, right across from Todo Santos park.

Reviewed January 14, 2017

Great food! Really like their panang and green curry chicken. To die for! Also was recently updated and looks very nice!

Reviewed December 20, 2016

I have been going to Woung Luang for years with friends who work in the area. The food is consistently excellent and reasonably priced - and the service is friendly and attentive. I love red chicken curry and they have one of the best versions that I have tasted anywhere in the East Bay. A reliable spot for fresh, well-prepared Thai food.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

Yesterday, my husband and I dropped by for lunchtime take-out. He has dined here many times, but it was a first for me. I LOVED the food. The Pad Thai was some of the best ever - and to me, that it an indicator of how good the food is overall. We also ordered Red Curry Beef and Basil Chicken - both excellent. We called ahead, said when we would arrive, and upon our arrival, our food was piping hot and ready for pick up. The staff was very courteous. It appears that the restaurant is presently going through some time of remodel. Regardless....I will be back!