“Always good”

Wat Phou Thai Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 351 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed September 12, 2016

We tend to use Wat Phou almost exclusively for take out, generally for 6 or so of us. Particularly good for my vegetarian wife, but many good meat dishes as well.

Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

I have been going to Wat Phou for years and they have great food and excellent service. It's a little hole in the wall and kind of hidden so not that many people know about it but I would recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed March 18, 2016 via mobile

We came here for a last minute family lunch and they were able to accommodate our party of 6 quickly. The restaurant itself is lacking ambiance but the food is fantastic!

We ordered quite a few items starting with the fried tofu and fried calamari. Both crispy and not oily. For our entrees we had the pad Thai, green curry, BBQ pork, and Thai fried rice. The fried rice was a little on the salty side but still tasty. I always rank Thai restaurants by their pad Thai and this was delicious. We ended with the fried banana with mango ice cream and it was such a treat.

Great, solid Thai food.

Reviewed September 3, 2015

Came by for Dinner - the pa-nang curry was excellent. I started coming here 20 years ago and it's still good.

Large portions, plenty of spice - they will make it hotter if want, or give you Thai chili sauces to add for your taste if you ask. Probably the best Thai food I've ever had (and I've had some of their other dishes). I measure a thai restaurant food by this restaurant.

It was quiet for a Wednesday night (4 other parties) - the server was excellent and attentive. He was helpful when I asked questions.

The restaurant is simple and clean. Not dark and not fancy (no table cloths, etc...).

Plenty of parking, A little off the main drag (behind Park and Shop strip mall, about 2 blocks from downtown Concord).

Reviewed July 24, 2015

smal thai an clean restaurant you can try for eat thai food clean
only one problem the waitress not speak English