“Great Italian food in downtown Concord”
Review of Luna Ristorante

Luna Ristorante
Ranked #7 of 339 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2017

I have been to Luna for dinner and lunch, and I must say that it has not disappointed me yet. The service is good, the food is tasty and served hot, and the price point is not going to hurt your credit cards too much. On a recent visit during lunch, I found the caprese salad to be awesome. Freshly grilled shrimp, heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and a small salad--Tasty! My companions had the grilled salmon salad which was equally good.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

We were looking for a good local Italian food restaurant and found it at Luna Ristorante. Although the restaurant was small, it made up for it in atmosphere, service and flavor. My husband had the lasagna and I had the chicken penne polo pesto and we split a caesar salad. Everything was delicious. I think this will be our go to restaurant when we are craving Italian food, which is often!

Reviewed August 24, 2017

If there was a rating higher than 5, I would gladly give it. What a wonderful experience in fine Italian cuisine. This restaurant was recommended to us by friends and they were so right. My wife and I shared a spinach salad that was so tender and flavorful with its olive oil & balsamic vinegar together with feta cheese, crisp sliced apples, and chopped walnuts. My wife and her mom had Veal and I ordered Gnocci. We were all so pleased with the overall quality of preparation, flavors, and service. And the prices are so reasonable with all this. We will be returning to Luna Ristorante to enjoy more dinners there and also try their lunches. Highly Recommended for a true taste of Italy. Be sure to make a reservation.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Hi gang,
Celebrating an early birthday dinner (mine) I wanted to go somewhere new. Who doesn't like Italian ?? Read reviews prior to going (thanks TA reviewers !!)
Tucked into a small area across from Todos Santos Park in Concord, Ca I managed to score a good parking spot (Mon night 6 pm). There is a public parking garage across from restaurant.
Hole-in-the-wall in size, I counted 32 chairs in dining area. The decor is sadly lacking. Wall paint looks faded, vertical curtains at windows look outdated.
Dining tip: Bring your own chair pad to sit on. I thought I had plenty of "cush in my tush" "butt" I was wrong. I found the sitting to be harder than all 3 years I spent in the 10th grade !!! I digress.....
Prices were reasonable, service was spot on. Reviewers recommended the bruschetta so we ordered both the artichoke and salmon varieties. Excellent !!! Don't miss this step. Fresh bread also offered with oil/vinegar.
I asked for the risotto with seafood (clams, mussels, prawns, fish) served with a tomato sauce, however I would've preferred a white cream sauce. Others at my table ordered cioppino, lamb shank and a chicken pasta dish, all looked VG. One note re the cioppino, two mussels didn't open and they weren't eaten. The waitress agreed that the kitchen staff shoulda caught this. Hello !!! She offered more to be brought out but we politely declined.
For I dessert I ordered the tiramisu. The plate presentation of swirling the mango sauce was well done likewise as were all dinner plate presentations. However the tiramisu had that "previously frozen" taste to it.
During coffee with maybe 5 mins left before leaving, the waitress offered us a free drink at the bar, we thanked her but we declined. Then the next thing she said was she wanted our table ... to seat a party of 14. Really ??
Overall I would return there, the food was well done. I hope they "freshen up" the dining area, replace the "prison chairs" with something more user-friendly.
Rich

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

We went here on a Thursday night with a family of 4. Good atmosphere and great food. A nice menu with great choices in starters, pasta, fish and meat. The food is fantastic and that includes the desserts. Strange that this restaurant is not busier. It deserves it.

Been to Luna Ristorante? Share your experiences!