“Best Thai Food in the Bay Area!”
Review of Mai Thai 2

Mai Thai 2
Ranked #112 of 322 Restaurants in Concord
Reviewed 12 May 2016

Mai Thai has some of the best Thai food I have ever had in the Bay Area! Mai Thai is located in a very small area next to a barber shop; I drove by this place for years. One day we decided to come in and try the place and right off the bat noticed the customers inside were regulars. The waitresses already knew everyone’s order and were very friendly to us. When we received our food, the food was DELICIOUS! I had the Pad Thai and Thai ice tea; I was in heaven! Don’t let the location fool you, drive in and get a taste of this place, you won’t regret it!

Reviewed 21 August 2015

Have not been here for a number of years and was somewhat reluctant to return since the previous meal was only so-so. Obviously things have changed and the meal selections and food now served is absolutely wonderful.

Many lunch choices that begin with a small green salad and offer a number of options with beef, chicken or pork. Most dishes are $8.95 and can be spiced to your taste. We had an order of Garlic Chicken and one of Spicy Chicken. - one was mild and the other very spicy. Both were ample servings and delicious.

Lunch service begins at 11:30. Beer and wine are also available.

1  Thank Mikeview
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

Mai Thai is a great neighborhood Thai joint. They are located in a not-too-attractive strip mall, but do not turn up your nose because of this. Once you step into the restaurant, the staff are warm and welcoming that you would immediately forget about their location's lack of warmth quickly. It is small and intimate inside, and the place really makes for a cozy dining experience.

We ordered the drunk noodle, pineapple fried rice, and panang curry. All were very delicious and more than filling! The drunk noodle had a great spice level, but I am sure they would be happy to make spice adjustments as per request. The pineapple fried rice was slightly tart and slightly sweet, and it makes for a great company for spicier food. The panang curry was also very flavorful.

The only caveats are the longer wait time and the price point. Mind, the wait is truly worth it since the food that come out of their kitchen are delicious, and the price is justified since this is quality food. If you are watching the budget, though, they have a reasonable lunch menu during the weekday.

Mai Thai is now one of our favorite local joints, and they are now on out top 5 go-tos. If you are in the area and looking for some decent Thai food, you should definitely give them a try!

1  Thank Clarice510
Reviewed 16 July 2015

Great food---best Tai in charlotte area. We liked the old location better on 29---nicer ambience. Recently moved to near speedway in strip mall.

Reviewed 20 November 2014

I enjoyed their food very much. They have different menu than the other Thai restaurant I have been to but still my peanut curry was very good. I love love their brown rice!!! It was very different than the usual brown rice. The waitress told me that they mixed in two different kinds of brown rice and they are imported. Do order their brown rice instead of white rice.

2  Thank Barbara P