Open today: 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Business Gathering

We (Toyota Racing Development) have held 3 events for our employees at the Theater, and our most... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
F8233PHkimj
movies for grown-ups

From comfy chaises, club chairs and recliners to red wine and popcorn. Does it get any better than... read more

Reviewed November 1, 2016
Catherine R
Corona del Mar, California

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

I am glad we tried this movie theater once- it's very iconic in Corona del Mar. However- no need to go back. It's very expensive, and even though there are recliners, they are not as comfortable as Big NEWPORT and it is tough to see over the row in front of you- especially when reclined. Both my 9 year old and my wife has trouble seeing the screen.

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank 797SteveD
Reviewed March 21, 2016

We were a group of 6 who saw a movie together. It was easy to get seats together when you go online and reserve. The only thing is there is a row of chairs that are just chairs and they don't recline. I wish I would have known that they don't recline before selecting them! I would have chosen the more comfortable chair. They have a nice selection of drinks and snacks.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank RBelove
Reviewed February 17, 2016

The New Port Theater is really an important part of both the history of Corona del Mar and the current high tech world we live in. Where else do they deliver your hot buttered popcorn to a very comfortable recliner seat? No one elbow to elbow...this is a special concept and reminds you more of visiting someone's high dollar private showing multi-media room. Pricey, but not for what you get.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed November 21, 2015

I love this theatre! The atmosphere is rat pack meets Newport beach. It is even better now that you can reserve seats online! I look forward to each new movie, just because I want to go back to The Port!

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed September 16, 2015

GREAT place to see a movie!! Since they only show one movie at a time, you'll have to wait to check it out when they're actually showing a movie that you want to see, but when they are, it's totally worth the $18 price per ticket. Island Cinema in Fashion Island is $19 per ticket and this is a way better!... actually Island Cinema is a pretty good theater too. ;)

To fully experience Port Theater, I would suggest eating dinner there (this is not your normal movie theater food!) and you might as well splurge the $5 extra for VIP tickets if you're going on a busy Friday or Saturday night. Pretty much all of the seats are good, but paying for VIP tickets ensures that you get the "best seats" in the center of the theater where the footrests recline (and, of course, there's the perk of being escorted to your seat like a VIP too).

Back to the food... I really like the hummus plate! It's HUGE (more than enough for two people to share) and comes with delicious thick, fluffy pita bread, celery, carrots and three different dips. You definitely feel more sophisticated snacking on hummus and carrots than you do when snacking on typical movie theater popcorn or nachos.

Date of experience: February 2015