“Burger for Lunch”

Nicky Rottens
Ranked #37 of 108 Restaurants in Coronado
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located just across the San Diego Bay on Coronado Island. Experience the best burgers in San Diego County, maybe even the world. Come hungry, leave satisfied. Open 7 days a week for lunch, dinner and late night partying. Breakfast served until noon on Saturdays & Sundays. 14 high definition televisions cover all the major sporting events. Are you ready to get rotten?
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

My nephew took me here for lunch. I had the cheeseburger and it was very tasty. I loved the fries. Our waitress was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed May 25, 2018

The bartender at this bar handled our group of about 30 people that came into the bar so well! He was so friendly dealing with all of us and gathering our orders and actually remembering what each person ordered! Great place to stop in for a great beer.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Not all the food is rotten—just some. Like the hot pastrami sandwich on toasted marble bread. Bread was good; too bad the pastrami wasn’t. The meat had lots of fat. The tater tots were a greasy joke—tried 2 & left a pan full since they were more like grease balls.

The big surprise was the bill: $45 for the fatty pastrami, a turkey wrap which was okay, & 2 beers. Next day, we had 2 huge, delicious burgers with fries, & 2 drinks down the street for slightly more than half the cost of this way overpriced place.

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

Came with a large party of 9. Our server was unfriendly and took over 20 minutes to get each round of drinks. Manager barely acknowledged it even after we complained. Reminded me of an upscale Friday’s.The place was also half full so there was no excuse for such bad service. Decent food.

Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

I came here as I have been to Coronado brewing quite a few times and brought some clients with me. This time to the island the client told me that Nicky Rottens is better..... soooo.... we went there instead!

The place is clean and the wait staff is nice and helpful. We were sat and had waters quickly and ordering beers right away.
I ordered the chicken tenders to start and the tons o fun pastrami burger.

the chicken tenders were awesome! freshly strips of chicken breast nicely battered and then fried.... fresh, hot and soo much better than the rubbery ones you get from the grocery store! They even come with fries!
The Pastrami burger really is 2 meals (or more) in one! Man oh man when this thing showed up there was deffinately wow factor. It is a hamburger, then double the amount of pastrami as there is burger, add a bunch of cheese and grilled onions.... put it all together and stuff it in your mouth you will get a great mix of flavors that will make eating this burger instinct!

yup..... Im coming back here for sure!

Been to Nicky Rottens? Share your experiences!