“El Rancho OK, but not for 4 people”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of El Rancho Motel

El Rancho Motel
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Coronado
Nevada
“El Rancho OK, but not for 4 people”
Reviewed 8 February 2009

My wife and I and two teenage kids stayed in a room with 2 double beds. The room was noisy as it was adjacent to the street. Also, the bathroom floor was not very clean. It was a hassle getting extra towels. I don't recommend this place for 4 people. The place is OK, and a good value for the price, the people are friendly and helpful. Don't expect a nice place, but it's not unbearable.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Noisy, bathroom floor dirty, hard beds
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 23 December 2008

I stayed for three nights in October of 2008. This was easily the cheapest reasonable room I could find on Coronado island. My friend and I slept very comfortably and peacefully on the 2 full size beds in our room. We were there for a wedding and had friends staying down the street. We liked our accommodations much better and they were even cheaper! The room was exceptionally clean and outfitted with clean and new Ikea furniture. The TV was good as well. The bathroom was also clean and pretty with a lot of tile. Lupe, the owner/operator was a sweetheart and even called me after we had left to let me know that I had left my cell phone charger behind. On the day we arrived, she called to make sure we were okay and still coming as we were a little later than anticipated and had told her. The location is amazing. What a beautiful island! The location is very close to the bridge and numerous restaurants and delis are only 3-5 blocks away. Also, there is a lot of free parking available as well. A car is almost necessary as you cannot cross the bridge back to San Diego on foot. That being said, the baseball park and the gaslamp quarter are very close by. I'll be sure to come back next time I'm in town. You should too!

• Liked — Cleanliness, location, service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank deltdogg
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 18 November 2007

This is a small but quaint budget motel within walking distance of shops and restaurants on Orange Avenue (parking is at a minimum so this is a real plus). Take a day to walk down the road and explore, ending at the Del.

The rooms have been nicely renovated with LOTS of tile. The outside has a cottage look but inside they've gone for modern decor. The owner/proprietor is a really sweet lady that will go out of her way to make your stay comfortable. There's also a patio, where you can sit and enjoy your morning coffee but not much of a view as it faces busy Orange Avenue.

I will agree with some other reviews about this site: it is a steal at $99/night but the cleaning people leave something to be desired in the bathrooms. If this is a problem for you, don't look in the corners, better yet, clean the corners yourself when you get there and your room will be perfect.

All in all, you can't beat the price for the location and it really is a cute site with friendly staff. I would say this is best for young travelers and groups of friends. Just make sure to book a room away from the street.

• Liked — Price and location.
  • Disliked — Could have been a little cleaner.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank cjmills2622
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 September 2007

The owner was super nice. The rooms were spotless. I think for the vaule of the prices on the island it was above average. Most of the hotels are 200 plus but this one was 100 and very clean. It had instant coffee, cabel, and A/C so that was all I needed. It is a two block walk to the grocery store and about 8 blocks to go to the other end. Any way from the prices I checked for the rest of the island I believe I got a great deal!

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank rinker12
CA
Reviewed 2 May 2007

My family has frequented Coronado Island since before I was born. And every time we drove into town, I saw this charming looking little motel on our way to the infamouse Hotel Del.

When I was finally old enough to start vacationing on my own, I took my friends to Coronado and decided to take a chance on this little motel. In the Summer of '03, 10 of us took up 5 of the 8 villa-like motel rooms and had the best time of our lives. It was newly furnished with IKEA furtinure and decorated very nicely. Rooms were equiped with every amenity you could think of: micorwave, fridge, iron, blow dryer, armoire closets, and marble in the bathrooms. The walkway to the villa-rooms is beautifully accented with flowers and trees. Lupe at the front desk is especially welcoming and friendly and made sure our entire stay was pleasant, as she has continued to do every time we visit.

Since then, I have continued to stay at El Rancho motel at least once a year, as Coronado Island remains the family's staple vacation spot. They have even recently added a new amenity: wireless internet.

The island can be pretty pricey and there are some really nasty m/hotels down Orange Ave. that charge a lot more and are not worth it. I would say that El Rancho motel is a quaint place for a good price and excellent hospitality. I would recommend it to anyone. www.elranchocoronado.com

• Liked — Very qaintly set - nice garden, decent location, great hospitality.
  • Disliked — Bed could be comfier.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank poetlba
Naples
Reviewed 9 January 2007

I booked a stay at this motel after reading all of the glowing reports. My impression.......WRONG! There were problems from arrival until departure...and I was glad that this was only a one night stay. Be aware that this place is a bare-bones, "Motel 6-like" lodging experience....from the tiny room to the threadbare towels....and on and on. Pay a few bucks more and stay elsewhere!

• Liked — ...not much of anything
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed January 2007
2 Thank TravelerFL
Irene A, General Manager at El Rancho Motel, responded to this review, 13 October 2014
We are so sorry to read your review. We are under a new management and ownership since August 2014, we have changed and updated every detail in the rooms. Our staff is all new, trained and qualified. We hope you can give this amazing location an opportunity to change your experience. Please feel free to call me directly to compensate in any way. 619 2069514 Irene
cheltenham england
Reviewed 25 September 2006

we stayed here for 3 nights in August 2006 as the first part of a 3 week fly-drive experience. Our difficulty was finding the correct highway! but we did and found El Rancho easily- quiet little bungalows in a small courtyard. There were ample facilities within the bungalow, and they were in walking distance of bars and restaurants. The gardens were pretty and the proprieter very helpful. We would stay here again - quiet and clean and just what we wanted

• Stayed August 2006