“Perfect Hotel”
Review of Glorietta Bay Inn

Glorietta Bay Inn
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My daughter and I went to Coronado Island as a last road trip before she is married. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It is classy, spotless, and very quiet. Everything we wanted was within walking distance. We had a bay view window room which was in great shape; the bed was especially comfortable. The desk employees were helpful and pleasant. I will definitely stay at this hotel when I visit Coronado in the future.

Room Tip: The bay was not front of the room. We were on the second floor; I liked the patio and the partial v...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 March 2012

My family of four had an unforgettable stay at Glorietta Bay, and I've been thrice on business. This is not replica history, this IS history, from decor details to the wonderful architecture Just to have breakfast on the patio facing the bay & boats is a luxury. Service was prompt & friendly, and the location makes beach, shops, the Hotel Del, restaurants within walking distance -- and the wonderful Lambs Players Theatre on Orange Ave, which has year-round live entertainment. Downtown San Diego is minutes away by bridge or ferry, but retreating back to the calm rich atmosphere of Glorietta Bay for lemonade and ginger snaps, or milk & cookies at night, was deeply enjoyed. I've stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado across the street, and while I always enjoy visiting the Del, you can't beat the price at Glorietta for a similar experience.

Room Tip: A mansion room vs the annex is worth it if you can afford it. But from anyroom you walk Coronado, i...
Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CJIB
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I have stayed at the Glorietta Bay Inn acouple of time this year and find it an excellent value in Coroado. The Mansion room #102 (the Sugar Baron Room) was very comforatable with an amazing belcony, which overlooks the bay. Extra touches for mansion room guests, such as homemade chocolate chip cookies and ice cold milk with turn down service, are a nice touch.

My second stay was in a deluxe room with bay view in the more modern area of the Inn. No turnn down serivce or evening cookies here, just a very well appointed and comportable room with a small balcony containing 2 chairs.

No matter what type of room you book, you will receive professional customer service, free WiFi, complimentary continental breakfast and afternoon light refresshments. The hotel is across the street from the Del Coronado Hotel and within easy walking distance to the best beach on Coroado.

Off season (October - February) are considered off season and the lowest rates. Go to their website and sign up for their newletter where you will receivee emails on the deals.

It was a great stay both times I was there.

Room Tip: Go to Glorietta's website - they often offer internet only deals on select rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I visited Glorietta Bay Inn for our anniversary with my boyfriend. First we didn't know what to expect because we usually stay at the big and famous Coronado Hotel, down the street.
We were very pleased with the experience, we felt like back in the days when you were served with grace and good old fashion. Everyone is very professional, helpful and joyful. The breakfast is amazing, especially ordered in your suite.
The rooms are very classy with a shabby chic hint and very comfortable with separate resting room and bedroom. It is literally across from the famous Coronado hotel, but much more quite and family friendly without the feeling of being in a tourist center. I would go back any time!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed two nights at Glorietta Bay. The front desk staff was exceptional....very friendly and courteous. The inn was very clean and I was also impressed by the friendliness of the rest of the staff; they always had a smile, always said hello, always asked how we were doing. It is also in a great location - right across the street from the beach and a very short walk to shops, restaurants, etc. The continental breakfast was included and was delicious; our four kids looked very much forward to it...as did we! I would highly recommend this inn to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sally R
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We spent two nights in one of Glorietta Bay's two-room suites. It wasn't the newest, slickest suite I've ever stayed in, but it was very spacious, clean, and had nice touches (safe that fit my laptop; table big enough for four to eat dinner; free wi-fi). Kids enjoyed the pool (small but heated), and I was impressed by how friendly and outgoing the staff were, from the front desk folks to every housekeeping person we passed while walking around. Kudos to the breakfast staff, also, for offering to go out and buy special supplies for my daughter who has food allergies.

Nice location. Easy walk to the beach (and the famous Hotel del Coronado across the street) and to the downtown area. Would recommend!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Clarkthehorse
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed our first night in the San Diego area at the Glorietta Bay Inn. We found the Inn online and in a SD guide book. We read the review on TA and decided to book a 2 bedroom suite.
The reviews are pretty much right on. If you stay in the original building (mostly 1 bedrooms - suites), you're in for a real treat. We peeked into some of the rooms as they were being cleaned the next morning and agreed we'd prefer the original building if we came back and only needed a 1 bedroom.
The other buildings are fine, but don't have the ambience of the old house. The two bedroom suite we did have was fine for the one night. It was clean and quiet.
The location is great. You can walk to all the restaurants and the beach.
More on Miguel's in their review.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends