All reviews full kitchen living room muir woods san francisco free breakfast separate bedrooms pool and hot tub movie theater courtyard area breakfast room nice pool yogurt bit dated minute drive flat screen an older hotel fire pit
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Only go here if you want to sleep in someone else's wet spot. They didn't even bother changing the sheets - pulling back the covers at 23:00 to find someone else's pubes and dried yellow love juice was horrible. Also, toilet was broken and the place was tired. Only positive thing is their front desk staff are nice people.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank GeoffMc79
Matthew A, Director of Sales at Marin Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Our sincere apologies. No guest should experience what you did at any hotel. We take your feedback very seriously. I ensure you that your review will be shared with all of management. We will have a counselling session with the housekeeper. We realize you have options when selecting a hotel and we did not meet your or our expectations. We do hope you will provide us another opportunity to experience what our guest have become so fond of.

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

A colleague and I stayed at this hotel for a week. The rooms are quite large, but that is about the only positive thing I can say.

The rooms were all very dirty. When we arrived there were still food items in the fridge, probably left there by the previous guests. You could also hear every car passing by on the nearby freeway, even if all windows were closed. And none of the air conditioning units actually cooled the rooms.

All in all I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank LazyLuc

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. All of our rooms should be expected and signed off before our guest checks in. We fell short by not expecting the refrigerator. Regarding the noise we are off the 101 highway and with double pane windows traffic can still be heard. We realize you have choices when selecting a hotel and we are thankful in having the opportunity to be your lodging partner. We do hope you will give us another opportunity and experience what so many guest have become so fond of.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

We stayed at the Marin during a vacation last month and was pretty happy with the room. Lots of room for me and my 3 older boys; great breakfast; hotel pool and pool area looked very inviting; great location. We initially had some issues with the front desk guy who wasn't able to find our location because our flight was delayed and we arrived well after midnight. The guy on duty was pretty clueless but eventually put us in a room. We complained about the confusion and the manager ducked us for the first couple days; we eventually caught up to him and he gave us a small discount which was appreciated. The location was in a good location near restaurants and shops. We used Lyft to get to the Muir Woods shuttle, Sausalito and San Francisco, which added up but worked out fine. We loved San Francisco and would go back to this property.

Room tip: We never saw the elevator in use at all; so be prepared to use steps.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Matthew A, Director of Sales at Marin Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

We appreciate you for taking the time to share your review. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. We realize you have choices when selecting a hotel and we are thankful in having the opportunity to be your lodging partner. I will ensure your comments are shared with the all management directly. We are grateful that you are willing to return and stay with us again.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Good:
Great location.
Breakfast was plentiful.
Staff was cordial.

Bad:
Room we stayed in was tired. Blinds were bent.

My husband called and asked someone to bring a plunger as the toilet was backed up. The person came and asked my husband if wanted to unplug the toilet. My nice husband said yes.

We could hear people nextdoor in the next room.—not shouting - just talking in the wee hours of the morning so couldn’t sleep. Thin walls.

We stayed 3 nights. Self serve coffee was not replaced. Plastic drinking cups were not replaced.

Sign in kitchen says guests are required to wash their own dishes.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Matthew A, Director of Sales at Marin Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for taking a moment to share your experience. We sincerely apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations on this visit. We’ll work hard to fix the issue you experienced. We realize you have choices when selecting a hotel and we are thankful in having the opportunity to be your lodging partner.

Reviewed August 9, 2018

I stayed here for a night while on a recent business trip and I have to say I was very disappointed in the quality of the hotel considering the nightly room rate which was over $200USD. If it had been under $100USD/night I could understand the quality. I would not stay here again and would not recommend the hotel. The room was old and very dirty. I was placed beside the office near a stairwell, and thought it would be noisy but was surprised I sleep through the night without being woken by general noise. The upside was the nice mall a five minute walk away with restaurants, Starbucks and Barnes and Noble. The mall was a nice respite from the hotel room. Also, the blooming hibiscus around the pool were very nice, and I have to say both staff members I interacted with were very pleasant.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DfeCT
Matthew A, Director of Sales at Marin Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

We sincerely apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations on this visit. We realize you have choices when selecting a hotel and we are thankful in having the opportunity to be your lodging partner. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.