“Nice option for mall food”

Claim Jumper Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 520 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

My friend and I usually dine at Claim Jumper because she likes their rewards program and I like the vegetarian options. The prices are fair and generally you get a large portion of food too. The wait staff usually outnumbers the guests 2:1 so the service is good.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I happened in here while I was waiting for some clothes to be tailored. What drew me in was the sign saying they were serving turkey dinners. This is a typical Claim Jumper with spacious seating, nice decor, and friendly staff. The turkey dinner was good; not great, but it scratched an itch for me. There was plentiful white meat but it was a little bit on the dry side. It is challenging to get white meat just right, so I wasn't put off by the slightly dry meat. The stuffing and mashed potatoes were good and the sliced grilled vegetables were tasty. My server was really friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

My husband and I met friends here for lunch to catch up on old times. The meny was varied and had lunch specials. It was not inexpensive, but the food and service was good. It is located inside South Coast Plaza by the Sears store. They also will prepare the same meals as a take-out (to go). We were there on a weekday early for lunch, by the time we left there were quite a few people, by not over-crowded. We were able to hold a conversation. Luckily they did not play loud music so we were able to talk.

1  Thank HappyNorwegians
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Sunday lunch was great, but 1/2 hour wait for the food was way too long. Especially since we did not have wine or beer to bide our time.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We ate at Claim Jumper during Happy Hour and were surprised by their variety of the menu. The food was very good and we really enjoyed everything. Our server was really nice and attentive. Thank you!