“Interesting place but the food and service were very average”
Review of Water Grill

Water Grill
Ranked #17 of 546 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Reviewed January 22, 2018

This is an expensive place. My plate was dirty, it took forever to get a clean one. In general the service wasn't good it took the manager to get the plate. The food took way to long to come. My fish was OK. But the lobster roll and the Mac and cheese of my companion were not that good.

1  Thank DorisV660

Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

This very lovely restaurant with easy valet parking. And very outstanding food. My first visit, and will return here again. Going to a concert at Segerstrom Hall and decided to come here prior to the 8PM performance. Cozy atmosphere, we elected to sit at the bar, luckily found 3 seats together. While I had a slightly, already had one too many neighbor, turned out to be just a lonely guy stopping for some food on his way home. One of our party ordered the fish tacos, great taste. I had the Shrimp Louie salad, it was an amazing display and delicious. Enjoyed a glass of Pinot Noir from the Duckhorn Family. Have had the pleasure of visiting both the Wineries in Napa and Alexander Valley, I would recommend to you. A selection of pours here, ounce wise. Always the decision is 6 too small, is 9 too much. So my review comes in at Great Food and a Great Wine List. Now if one of my friends would offer to treat, that would be The Thing, anybody reading this?

Reviewed January 17, 2018

Cioppino, Black Bream, Stone Crab--you name it they got it
Ambiance raucous and fun, **** noisy but a good noisy--crowd was buzzin' and funnin'
Pricy but worth it
Just a cool place

Reviewed January 13, 2018

Excellent dinner here. We had the King Crab Legs, Swordfish, Clam Chowder and all was excellent and cooked to perfection. Really enjoyed the great service by David, our server. The two managers came by often to make sure we were enjoying our dinner - which we were. I highly recommend this restaurant if you plan to attend the theatre. They even let us bring our own bottle of wine into the restaurant which was a plus. Probably the best place to eat in the theatre area. Will definitely return.

Reviewed January 6, 2018

This is a large restaurant, but it does not feel that way because the manner in which they divided up the dining areas was ingenious---the two large bars separate the space so that it creates more of a warm and pleasant atmosphere. We were here for a late, light lunch and our pleasant server helped us choose exactly what we were looking for. We shared the Uni Toast (spectacular), the Washington Kumamoto Oysters, the Octopus with Tomato, the Traditional Lobster Roll and the Crudo Sampler. We added some Rombauer Chardonnay and left extremely pleased. We will definitely be back.