“Delicious food”
Review of Water Grill

Water Grill
Ranked #18 of 539 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are here during the last night of a business trip. The restaurant's ambiance is chic. We ordered the Oysters Rockefeller for an appetizer. I order the Wild Alaskan King Crab Legs and my husband ate the Wild Ross Sea Chilean Sea Bass. For dessert, we ate the Caramel Bread Pudding. Everything was really delicious. Price wise, this is a special occasion restaurant unless you've got it like that. I would return.

Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant with a wonderful selection of fresh seafood! Sea Bass, Swordfish and Scallops were the best we've eaten. Will definitely be back!! We love how open & spacious it is!

Reviewed January 25, 2018

I was there to do a corporate event, and I cant say enough great things about the staff. They were great, the food was great, and our event was very successful.
I spent some time out in the restaurant too, and the staff were really friendly, however we tried to have some meetings that were difficult because the background music was too loud.
There are some issues that the management should look into.
1st the music selection and volume in the restaurant. The station it was on most of the day was teeny-poppy girl station. Something my 16 year old daughter would listen to, but the rest of the family can't stand. It was basically kids-bop, and it way too loud! Seriously, people go to a restaurant to eat together and have conversation, not to listen to your horrible background music. When the volume level gets in the way of that, we have a problem.
The temperature control (or lack of it). We asked for our super hot room to have the temperature turned down, but it never happened. There are no controls in the room, only a white box that is monitored from somewhere else. For what we paid for the event there, our people shouldn't have been miserable because of the AC.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

The scallops I had were cooked properly. The grilled vegetable under the scallops was bitter and not to my taste. The miso soup was ok, but nothing special. The food was, on the whole, very good but expensive.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

This is an expensive place. My plate was dirty, it took forever to get a clean one. In general the service wasn't good it took the manager to get the plate. The food took way to long to come. My fish was OK. But the lobster roll and the Mac and cheese of my companion were not that good.

1  Thank DorisV660