All reviews front desk orange county holiday inn the rain shower head free shuttle south coast business trip hotel restaurant shuttle service john wayne airport business traveler coffee maker king room quiet room fitness center close to the airport ihg
Reviewed August 18, 2015

Great staff and available services. Manager (Sebastian I believe) was extremely helpful in providing guidance in the local area. Clean comfortable rooms and pool facilities. Great bar beside the lobby and ample parking. Conveniently located to shopping and some fantastic restaurants. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2015

I'm giving this hotel 3 stars ONLY because of the manager. I stayed at this hotel over a year ago for business and had a good experience. I was again on a business trip and because of my previous experience I decided to stay at this hotel.

The front desk staff is not sincere or very accommodating. The front desk person (a guy) could not find my IHG account and directed me to find it myself. Another staff (a woman) apparently found my IHG account. She however doesn't know how to smile at customers or be friendly. Then the guy, who checked me in, gave me a room on the second floor and gave me directions to the wrong side of the building. I was exhausted after driving about 3 hours... I went back to the front desk and they apologized (not very sincerely) for giving me the wrong direction. The 2nd room that they gave me was not what I had asked for. So, I went back to the front desk and asked for a different room. The 3rd room stunk of BO and mold. I went back down. They claimed to be booked and only had one room available. But, the room was not ready/cleaned. They didn't offer the room to me. They said that they were keeping it for another guest (which turned out to be my coworker).

Finally, my employer pays my hotel directly. At the check out, I noticed that they were going to charge my credit card. It took a while, the manager however, who was very nice and professional, took care of the problem.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Picollo99
Aldo C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2015

Dear Picollo99,

Thank you very much for your recent stay. We are very sorry to hear of the challenging time you faced while interacting with our employees. The information provided is vital to the continual growth and success of our company and will be used as a training tool for our employees.

We hope that we can welcome you back to our property should you find yourself in the area once again. Please call me directly with any questions and/or if I can book your next stay at 714 557 3000.

Warm regards,

Aldo Casanova
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed August 3, 2015

We've stayed here multiple times in the past and each and every time, the staff have been one of the best we have ever encountered. We travel a moderate amount and have stayed in numerous hotels and this is certainly one of the better ones, because of the staff. They were especially helpful with any requests we had and truly seemed to do whatever they could to help us get our needs met. The room itself is a comfortable size and the decor is in good condition. The breakfast buffet is one of the better ones we have had. Central to many attractions as we used it as our home base. Again, it is the service that truly sets this hotel apart and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2015

After a long day of traveling, I arrived at this hotel at 7 PM. I went to the front desk and told Sebastian (yes, I'm naming names) that I had a reservation. He was super cocky and told me my room wasn't ready yet so I'd have to wait. Not ready at 7 PM?? Again he repeated that I'd have to wait. He wasn't helpful or apologetic at all!! I asked to speak to a manager, and funnily enough, she found, right away, a room with a king-size bed. Definitely not a good first impression of the place. Now the room. It was shabby, worn-out looking. Smelled of stale cigarettes. There were stains on the carpet. The towels had hairs on them. The A/C unit was incredibly loud, although it did drown out the noise coming from the pool area, which was right outside my window. They advertise on the website that the Wi-Fi is fast. It isn't. I couldn't wait to check out 2 days later. I only stayed here because it was the only apparently decent hotel in Costa Mesa that had rooms available. Never again. They don't care about customer service. And any response I get from them regarding this review will mean nothing to me.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Lori T
Aldo C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2015

Dear Lori T,

Thank you for your recent visit to our property. We are very sorry for the terrible experience you had at our hotel. We are currently investigating the situation with our management team.

We hope your visit will not discourage your from visiting one of our many IHG Hotels located around the world. If you have any further questions or concerns please contact me directly at 714 557 3000.

Warm regards,

Aldo Casanova
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed July 31, 2015

Besides the hotel being a great location to the 405 freeway and to McDonald's next store, the hotel is well-maintained and the hotel staff are pleasant and helpful. Also, I was very pleased with the way the hotel staff helped me solve a problem with a charge on my credit card. Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family