“Outstanding Seafood Lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 March 2017

Santa Monica Seafood Cafe and Market is such a wonderful place to visit if you love seafood. This is the first time we have ate at the cafe but have bought seafood there many times. We had great service from very friendly waiters, some really great food and the overall ambiance is wonderful. They claim to have the "largest selection of fresh fish, live shell fish and frozen seafood in the southwest." I believe them. They have a wonderful menu with many delicious selections. I had the special which was Chorizo Steamed Mussels in Chorizo garlic sauce that was to die for served with a large toasted garlic bread.slice. I also had a very good Caesars side salad. .My wife had the Crab Louie Salad and for an extra $2 substituted Atlantic Lobster instead of crab. They have many wines, beer and soft drinks. And when you are through eating, the market is there. Outside of the fresh fish, live shellfish and frozen seafood, over 70 wines are for sale, gourmets pastas and marinades, sauces, etc. Taco Thursday, seafood tacos are served for $3 from 2 PM - 6 PM.

1  Thank Paul P
There are newer reviews for Santa Monica Seafood

Reviewed 23 January 2017

We stopped by for a lobster roll and crab cakes, the crab cakes were only okay but the lobster roll was the best I've had in California - and we've tried a couple. I was tempted by the oysters which were reasonably priced, maybe next time. Service was great.

1  Thank sandram972016
Reviewed 28 December 2016

I enjoyed Santa Monica Seafood for three reasons. The food was delicious, the prices reasonable, and the service attentive. This was my first time. I had two oysters, New England clam chowder, and a lobster roll. It was the best lobster roll I've had outside of Maine. The others with me had salmon and salad and all were satisfied. If you really like seafood this is a great spot.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We love seafood and fish and this is the place to get it.
They have an oyster bar that is right on. Today we had a mixed of them.
Plus lunch. I got the steamed mussels. The large portion was too much for me. I too some home. My son had the ahi tuna tartare that was fresh and delicious.
When we made paella last month that is where we get our scallops, fish, prawns and all. Pricey but real stuff. Again you got to pay for quality!

Reviewed 22 December 2016

Fresh seafood options always available, bright, welcoming interior. All the classics, delicious salads, sandwiches, ceviche, seafood cocktail, chowder, fish n chips and grilled options.