“North Shore Inn”

The North Shore Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crestline
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My fiance & I have stayed about 3 times at North Shore Inn. We love it there. The rooms are very cute and clean. It has become a tradition for us. I have nothing negative to say about my experiences there. Plan to come back soon though!!!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are what I am sticking to w/ North Shore, its nice to sit there in the morning with co...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The North Shore Inn

Reviewed 14 February 2012

We have to say we love this place we go every year this time. Both Nancy and Terry are the most on hands owners of any place we have ever been. The rooms are so clean and nice we go every year and so should you.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed in room 10 for 1 night in January. The views are gorgeous and the rooms are super cute. Very friendly staff. Amenities were acceptable. Working fireplace in the room was a nice touch. Nice and warm. Cute balcony overlooking the lake. For a rustic and charming mountain break, this place is perfect. All the locals were super friendly too.

1  Thank Emmabromleyhill
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Our room boasted a beautifully decorated California king bed situated in front of a quaint but elegant fireplace. to our right was a balcony with a view of the town and Lake Gregory. Nancy (the owner) took us in and welcomed us with open arms as if we were her house guests. The town is not very commercialized so you get a very relaxing "away from the hustle and bustle" feel... Paula's Cafe for breakfast (hash and eggs amazing). Daisy, the owner's dog, is extremely friendly, she was one of the best parts of the trip. Also, the hotel is only a short distance away from Lake Arrowhead.

Room Tip: Room 5 With the California King Bed and fireplace.. Very comfortable and cozy. Worth getting a room...
1  Thank Olivia C
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband and I stayed in room 1 and were told it was the "frugal" room. That was fine cuz we were only in the room to sleep (which was a good thing cuz the room was really small). Two big issues ~ there were 17 very steep stairs up to the office and 14 very steep stairs down to our room. I've just had knee surgery and was not warned about the stairs. There was nothing online telling that the room was only accessible by stairs. Needless to say, it was quite painful not only getting up to the office to check-in but up and down the stairs to our room. The second issue was that every time someone either took a shower or flushed the toilet it sounded like a waterfall above us. The people showered at 2am, then someone else at about 4:30 and then it got really bad about 7. That not even talking about the flushing of the toilet. I'm glad we were only there one night.

1  Thank bearftng
OwnerofNSI, Owner at The North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Dear Bearftng,

I wish you would have said something while you were here, we don't like anyone to leave unhappy.
We did not speak with you or your husband because you booked the room on line. I am wondering why you did not call if you had any medical concerns? When your husband was checking in, you were in the car. You saw the stairs, and then came up to the lobby & joined him.You said nothing about it. You were leaving the lobby (the same floor your room was on). I asked if you were going to be ok. You said nothing. When I saw you later, coming down the stairs I asked if everything was ok. Again you said nothing. We have no way of knowing about a surgery if we are not made aware. Only a few of our rooms involve stairs. There were other rooms we could have put you in if someone had said something to us.
That room is our smallest, all of our rooms are different. As you said, you booked the least expensive room we have.
As far as the water, we were outside trying to find the source. Unfortunately, sometimes things happen that we cannot control.
To have posted such a negative review without being spoken to and not allowing us to take action seems a little unfair.

Sincerely, Nancy
The North Shore Inn

Reviewed 16 January 2012

My husband & I spent a weekend at North Shore Inn to celebrate our 15th anniversary. We truly enjoyed it! Nancy checked us in with all the pertinent information & offer to help in any way. She was very friendly and we immediately felt at home. When we walked into our room it was much more than we expected with a nice kitchen, great fireplace & sitting area & a wonderful bedroom with bathroom. The decorations were lovely and the bed was especially comfortable. The private patio gave a great view of the lake & the town was within walking distance. We were left undistrubed & yet were being well taken care of. We hope to go back again & maybe even bring the kids back to sleep on the couch in the living room area.

Room Tip: Room 9 is a perfect couples retreat, but could also be used with a couple kids if needed.
1  Thank Ali J
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed in Room 4 and it was lovely.
Size- average hotel room size.
Location- Very beautiful setting. Right across from the lake. Room 4 has a great view and a lovely porch to sit and enjoy it (though sadly it was too cold when we were there but would love to go back in summer to enjoy it).
Amenities- TV with DVD, microwave,& mini fridge.
Room- Very cute...and very clean and I am very picky when it come to this (I even carry disinfectant wipes with me to clean hotel rooms when I get there!).
Owner- Very sweet and helpful with recommendations to local spots.
Only negative was when we got into the room my partner did have an allergic reaction to something but it was nothing medicine couldn't fix...he is allergic to cats but we were not in a room that allowed cats so who knows!
This was the perfect romantic spot! I plan on trying to make my way back to it and would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestline
7.9 km away
7.7 km away
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
0.3 km away
Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel

Been to The North Shore Inn? Share your experiences!