“Best Place I have ever been”

The North Shore Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crestline
Northridge, California, United States
“Best Place I have ever been”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I had such a great time. Nancy was so nice and friendly and the town was so nice and quiet. I loved it. I had a wonderful time. I can't wait to come back again. I will let everyone know about North Shore Inn.

Room Tip: I was in room 8
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Perfect for two. The rooms are small and cozy with a beautiful stone fireplace and a balcony
that overlooks the lake across the street. It had just snowed the night before so everything
was white and beautiful. Perfect location, market and resturants within walking distance.
Nancy (owner) did everything she could to make our stay comfortable. Would like to come
back this summer.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #5 and did not have to climb stairs. It was same level as parking.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 918Retired2011
Riverside, California, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My fiance & I have stayed about 3 times at North Shore Inn. We love it there. The rooms are very cute and clean. It has become a tradition for us. I have nothing negative to say about my experiences there. Plan to come back soon though!!!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are what I am sticking to w/ North Shore, its nice to sit there in the morning with co...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Covina
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We have to say we love this place we go every year this time. Both Nancy and Terry are the most on hands owners of any place we have ever been. The rooms are so clean and nice we go every year and so should you.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed in room 10 for 1 night in January. The views are gorgeous and the rooms are super cute. Very friendly staff. Amenities were acceptable. Working fireplace in the room was a nice touch. Nice and warm. Cute balcony overlooking the lake. For a rustic and charming mountain break, this place is perfect. All the locals were super friendly too.

1 Thank Emmabromleyhill
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Our room boasted a beautifully decorated California king bed situated in front of a quaint but elegant fireplace. to our right was a balcony with a view of the town and Lake Gregory. Nancy (the owner) took us in and welcomed us with open arms as if we were her house guests. The town is not very commercialized so you get a very relaxing "away from the hustle and bustle" feel... Paula's Cafe for breakfast (hash and eggs amazing). Daisy, the owner's dog, is extremely friendly, she was one of the best parts of the trip. Also, the hotel is only a short distance away from Lake Arrowhead.

Room Tip: Room 5 With the California King Bed and fireplace.. Very comfortable and cozy. Worth getting a room...
1 Thank Olivia C
California
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband and I stayed in room 1 and were told it was the "frugal" room. That was fine cuz we were only in the room to sleep (which was a good thing cuz the room was really small). Two big issues ~ there were 17 very steep stairs up to the office and 14 very steep stairs down to our room. I've just had knee surgery and was not warned about the stairs. There was nothing online telling that the room was only accessible by stairs. Needless to say, it was quite painful not only getting up to the office to check-in but up and down the stairs to our room. The second issue was that every time someone either took a shower or flushed the toilet it sounded like a waterfall above us. The people showered at 2am, then someone else at about 4:30 and then it got really bad about 7. That not even talking about the flushing of the toilet. I'm glad we were only there one night.

1 Thank bearftng
OwnerofNSI, Owner at The North Shore Inn, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Dear Bearftng,

I wish you would have said something while you were here, we don't like anyone to leave unhappy.
We did not speak with you or your husband because you booked the room on line. I am wondering why you did not call if you had any medical concerns? When your husband was checking in, you were in the car. You saw the stairs, and then came up to the lobby & joined him.You said nothing about it. You were leaving the lobby (the same floor your room was on). I asked if you were going to be ok. You said nothing. When I saw you later, coming down the stairs I asked if everything was ok. Again you said nothing. We have no way of knowing about a surgery if we are not made aware. Only a few of our rooms involve stairs. There were other rooms we could have put you in if someone had said something to us.
That room is our smallest, all of our rooms are different. As you said, you booked the least expensive room we have.
As far as the water, we were outside trying to find the source. Unfortunately, sometimes things happen that we cannot control.
To have posted such a negative review without being spoken to and not allowing us to take action seems a little unfair.

Sincerely, Nancy
The North Shore Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestline
7.8 km away
Best Western Big Bear Chateau
#1 of 19 in Big Bear Region
7.7 km away
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

Been to The North Shore Inn? Share your experiences!