“NOT AS GOOD AS IT SHOULD BE”

Libra Brazilian Churrascaria Steakhouse
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Culver Blvd
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We accepted a late reservation for 9:00 PM even though we wanted a 6:45 reservation. We arrived at 8:50 and waited until about 8:15 to be seated. That was very disappointing. Second, when we were seated, a menu was placed on our table without a cup of water or anything. 5 minutes later, after we got our salad a waiter came and got us water. The meats that were circulating were rare or medium and we asked for a well done pieces that came only once during our dinner even though we made it clear that we wanted all of our meat well done. We were very disappointed and we decided to leave without finishing our dinner.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Bought a Groupon for this restaurant which said, "Dinner for Two:$50". Apparently they decided they were losing money on that offer, so they changed it after i bought it. There was only a wine list on the table. no menu. anyhow, each Brazilian dinner is $45. Each kiddie dinner is $9 even if your kid eats about 1/2 cup of Spaghetti. A vegetarian with us who did have a nice selection of salads was charged $35. Wine was $9 a glass. This is not a fancy restaurant. it is mostly buffet with customers in casual clothes and a fair number of families with kids who also got taken in by the Groupon.

The food was good, so if you don't mind the overpricing, go there.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The best buffet I have seen in a long time, appetizers including fresh prosciutto crudo and salami, smoked salmon and steamed shrimp, all sort of grilled vegetable, and then pasta, vegetable dishes, side dishes, main courses including a choice of chicken, meat or pork. wow! You can decide either to have just the buffet, or add the 16 different types of meats that will be served by the waiters on the skewers, directly at your table. All the meat I tasted was juicy and well prepared. Very good bargain if you go there at lunch time during the week, I believe is $23 all you can eat. Dinner including the endless meat I think is around $45, $10 less if you only do the buffet. Try it!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have mixed views on this restaurant. We went here for my stepson's 15th birthday. It was a fun concept, so we thought he would enjoy it. He loves meat and there was plenty of it! I really enjoyed the side dishes at the food bar. My personal favorites were the creamed corn & creamed spinach. The boys liked the stews and cheeses. Service was lacking a bit from our waiter and hostess. We were just a few minutes late for our reservation and she made us wait at the door for a table to open up for quite a bit...which I can't understand because we saw at least 5 empty tables. I felt like we were getting punished for being 3 minutes late, and we called to let them know we were down the street. Our waiter didn't show up to check on us and we were waiting for him so we could order another round of drinks & give us a dessert menu. Other than that, the food and meat selection is really good, which is what will get me to go here again. I do recommend the filet mignon, garlic chicken and lamb chops were delicious!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

If you like meat, choose this restaurant. The service was good and atmosphere was very romantic. The salad bar was excellent.