“Meh, Not Good”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 22 July 2017

So it's a crappy burger with brusque staff and a cash only policy- there are so many better places to eat, not sure what someone would want to eat here.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

A different take on the classic pastrami sandwich. Johnnie's slices it thin, and it's quite lean. Very unlike the fatty pastrami that is typical in NYC. Johnnie's sandwich is definitely large enough to share, and the meat is full of flavor. But, since it's lean, it really craves the addition of some of their spicy mustard. Casual, with speedy and very friendly servers. Throwback decor that reminds of an earlier era. A fun place to visit.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Arrived in LA late and went for a pastrami sandwich at midnight. I'm from NY so pastrami is a staple in my life. Johnnie's has a different type of pastrami. It was tasty but too fatty. Delicious French fries and service was good

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Had to take my family here on our way back from Santa Barbara to OC! I haven't been back in about 20 years but still have great memories of their pastrami, chili cheese fries, tableside pickles, cold beer & their outdoor pits. Delighted that qulaity of food & ambiance hasn't changed! My hungry family loved the little pit stop. Still cash only!!

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Let's start by saying on our way to a party in Los Angeles my husband wanted a pastrami sandwich caught around asked a few friends they told us about Johnnie's we go there a little place not bad service what's good waitress let us try the pastrami first very good order they pastrami sandwich lots of me sandwich was mediocre a little pricey or should I say a lot pricey we ordered one sandwich it was like $25 that was with onion rings and a drink will I go back probably not but the service was good