“Awesome sandwich”

Cuisines: American, Deli, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed November 18, 2017

My son and I split one of Johnnie's hot pastrami sandwiches on a recent trip to Culver City and it was awesome! Parking could be a little tight here but we were able to just walk over from the nearby Travelodge where we stayed. Food is expensive in LA and being able to split one of these monsters helped to keep our costs down. Service was quick and friendly. I haven't seen one of those counter-top juke box remotes in years!

Reviewed October 30, 2017

Johnnie's is open LATE, like 3:30 am late on the weekends, which is great when you arrive to town later than the rest of the eateries were open (10pm closing time). Good selection of food. They bring you pickles while you wait for your meal, which was fun and they were very tasty! I had the Bob's special, which is thinly sliced corned beef on a roll with cheese - YUM. Not too salty and a LOT of meat on the sandwich! Seat yourself or take out. Also, CASH ONLY. Indoor or outdoor seating.

Reviewed October 22, 2017

Visited Johnnie's on my trip back to LA and it hasn't changed a bit. Same great pastrami and the pickles are to die for. Large servings of French fries with the pastrami. Yum.

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Huge pastrami. Lovely spot to eat outside. Great friendly service. Photo is half a sandwich. Share a sandwich.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

I've been going to Johnnie's for over 50 years. Their food is consistently good. Having moved to Hawaii some 40 years ago, I seldom get back to L.A. When I do get back there, Johnnie's is always at the top of my list. I like dining outside next to one of their two fire pits. Plenty of free pickles & hot jalapenos to go around. So good are their chili burgers, sizes & fries, as well as pastrami & corned beef sandwiches.