“Cauliflower is Delicious Here.”

Sage Organic Vegan Bistro
Ranked #7 of 362 Restaurants in Culver City
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed March 9, 2018

Thank you Yelp. Had it not been for the wonderful reviews of Sage, I would have ended up eating at the airport before my flight. I am so glad that I had time to go to Sage.

Located in a very trendy area, Sage is a lovely establishment with outdoor seating. I'm not sure what the inside looks like as we were immediately seated outside (our choice) near one of the heaters since it was a little chilly.

Our server was excellent. She recommended wine and food selections so we ordered the BLT Pizza as an appetizer (we were hungry, ok) and the Sweet n Sour "Chik'n" dish. It might have been called something else, but I can't remember.

First the pizza: out of this world. OMG, it was so good that I could have eaten the whole thing had I been alone. But no, I had to share with someone else. Probably for the best. Seriously though, it was one of the best, if not the best, pizza's I have ever had...even when I was a carnivore.

The Cauliflower "Chik'n" dish was next. It was delicious as well; however, I was unable to eat all of it after eating half a pizza. I would have taken it with me had I not been off to the airport. Anyway, it was served with rice and broccoli with a side salad. The broccoli was fantastic as well. The few bites I had of the salad was tasty, but again I couldn't eat the entire meal.

The only negative I could say is that the male host was not pleasant when we arrived. He didn't even look at us. We made a comment about this to each other as he was seating us. He apparently heard as he was all smiles and "Have a nice evening" when we left.

Everyone should visit Sage, especially if you like cauliflower. Even carnivores will be delighted.

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

I’m not a vegan but my son is so he brought us here. It was crowded but we were sat quickly. It had a very cool feel. I got chilly cheese fries and they were pretty good. We ordered pizzas and the dough was good but toppings were ok. Pork tocos were very tasty. The cost was very high. Good beer selection

Reviewed February 9, 2018

Delicious vegan food. While some of the menu items are not super healthy or at least don't taste super healthy, the portions are large and the food is sooooo good!. When it gets busy on the weekends, there may be a wait so it's best to make reservations. Everything there is yummy! Everything! We haven't had one meal there that we wished we hadn't ordered. My daughter also loves their food. The waitstaff are friendly, but for some reason, the hostess is cold and unwelcoming. Weird. They have a small restroom that can get kind of dirty at times.

Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Went with wife, we were really looking forward to the califlower wings. Got the trio, had buffalo, orange and BBQ. The Orange was our least liked. The Buffalo and BBQ were good, but lost crunch between kitchen and table. The ranch dip was good. We also got the eggplant arrabiata. It had three thin slices of eggplant, more eggplant would be good. The mac and cheese with avocado was OK. But something I could make at home.

The staff were polite and friendly, very helpful etc...

Portions were large. Value was OK. I think they forgot to charge us for drinks. Was about $75USD For two of us with way too much food.

Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

I’ve never had a bad meal here. I don’t think I’ve even tried anything twice.

Be prepared, however. Dinner and sharing a desert (without drinks) can easily set you back $80 - $100 for two.

This is fine Vegan dining with great atmosphere