“I like their offerings!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pei Wei Asian Diner
Ranked #126 of 362 Restaurants in Culver City
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Any place that has chicken dumplings is good for me! They are very accommodating and option to customize your dishes. Really good for a chain and all dishes are cooked to order. In a pinch why not?

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed March 23, 2017

Stopped by on the way home and was pleasantly surprised by Pei Wei. Food and service was fantastic and close to home...what else could you ask for?

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

Stopped by the other day when I was in the area. Nice menu food was made fresh and fast. Staff brings it to your table right away. The have one of those new Coke machines place was clean and staff friendly. Will be back.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 5, 2016

I hate to leave bad reviews, but this one is justified, and a warning. I did not know if this was a franchise or company owned, and after looking up, and finding out it is a franchise I decided to pan it rather than talk to corporate. The food was uncooked. It appeared that the only thing the wok was used for was to mix the reheated-with-hot-water pad thai noodles, with the rest of the ingredients, and mix them, watering down the sauce. I ordered "Extra tofu", and received pieces in my dish only. My wife's broccoli was cold in the center. I had been a fan of Pei Wei in Henderson, NV, but THIS franchise is poorly executed. They have NO CONCEPT of what the finished product is supposed to look like. When I expressed disappointment to the manager/owner, they were quick to "solve the problem" by giving a $5 coupon for my next meal. I returned the cards, as there will be "no next meal". They attempted to explain away the extra tofu "problem". "Oh, you ordered VEGETABLES and tofu. When you do that you get only HALF the tofu!" Huh? 7 pieces and I paid for EXTRA tofu. So, a "push cash for a return visit" mentality of "solving a service complaint", and not offering any return of money for failed extra. I will offer them the money I left today, because they are going to need it. There were very few people in there.
Be forewarned. The front counter girl was very nice, she got the order right, and was sharp. The kid running the wok looked like this was his first job. The manager was polished, seemingly attentive, however listening was not a strong suit.
I love the Pei Wei brand, and wont let THIS franchise deter me, but I shall not return here.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 23, 2016

I was in Culver City on a Sunday night with some time to kill in the area. I needed dinner and drove to modern eating plaza that had about 8 different restaurants. Many I had not eaten at before, and I chose this one. I'm very glad I did.

It's probably not a new concept, but PW has taken the "build your own" dish approach to Chinese. You choose a meat/soy/vegetable main event, then you choose the Chinese style you want the dish prepared along with the type of rice/starch accompaniment.

They also serve sushi rolls and "bowl" type variants of these Chinese entrees.

The food was excellent, the restaurant was clean and modern, I even loved the music they were playing. Oh, the most expensive thing I saw on the menu was $8.99.

Date of visit: May 2016