“The perfect Birthday Tea for my girlfriends and me”
Review of The Culver Hotel

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband threw a 50th birthday tea for some of my girlfriends in the private dining room. I have to tell you that my friends and I were delighted, charmed and sorry to leave! The architectural details are to die for, the service was more than attentive and wanting to please, the tea menu was wonderful and there was even a charming string quartet playing in the room. It really could not have been more perfect.
We chose this hotel because we live nearby and have been so excited to see it's renovation. We'd enjoyed a night out there in the main hall: listening to fun, live music and tasting delectable tapas.
This hotel, with it's fun dining and entertainment options is really 'happening'.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Thank you for such a wonderful review Amy.

See you again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Loved our overnight stay at this memorable hotel. They've upgraded the rooms in recent months, so that there's a nice modern flair to the property, while still preserving the architectural integrity of the building.

Built in 1928, it still punctuates downtown Culver City with its historical charm. Inside, you'll see a mash of varying styles of furniture, yet it all works together to provide a chic, yet retro feel to the premises.

Food is good, whether you're doing the Happy Hour thing, or dining in the lobby to enjoy the live music that is offered several times a week.

One suggestion, if you're sensitive to sound, book on one of the higher floors, as the night scene in Culver City, especially on the weekends can be quite lively.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grathy
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for joining us and enjoying your stay Ms Grathy :)
Love the fact you appreciated the mix of old and new, Landmark and renovated, busy yet tranquil.
We actually have music 7 days a week in our Grand Lobby, different band each night.
With the triangular shape of the building, 2 of the sides are away from the noise of the busstle of Culver City.
See you again.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I got married at the Culver hotel and had our reception there. We spent the night the evening of our wedding, too. Everything was PERFECT. They went above and beyond my expectations. So pleased.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

It was such a pleasure being a part of your celebration Giselle.
We look forward to you coming back again and again to celebrate your anniversaries.
Thank you.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

More than just elegant, and very clean, the cool atmosphere in the lobby is a real scene. Once I was done taking care of my work in my quiet, sophisticated, contemporary room, in this 1924 Art Deco period hotel, I went right downstairs to the lobby to take in some live music, jazz & swing, which they have 7 nights a week, free admission for all. I mingled with professional people, from different corporate industries, and the locals who came out just because it’s such a good hang. This is the kind of place I would want my date to take me. Food is delicious and very reasonable. Happy hour has great prices, too. I consider my stay first rate, and the management and staff are downright embracing. I not only had a great stay, I got in some socializing, even met new friends, and built new relationships. A fulfilling and pleasant experience. It's obvious that the Culver Hotel has definitely established themselves as the heart of the community. I know I will come back just to hang out, eat, and see what they have going on, a unique place, indeed. It was actually hard to leave.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Thank you Amy, you write beautifully.
Nothing more needs to be said by me!

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We have stayed at the Culver Hotel 4 times in the past 6 years. It was charming ...but now with new management and the upgrades and redecorating done ,it is truly a Gem. Seth the new general manager is ebulient and attentive. David also excellent. Actually, all the staff are professional and ready to bend over backwards for anything you need. The lobby ,in years past, was quiet and did not have much going on. Now it is a hub of activity ,music and happy hour socializing.The management has gone above and beyond to turn this hotel into a unique,boutique place to stay. I can't wait for my next visit. The breakfast has some nice touches....warm croissants and little balls of butter....classy! The bartenders and waitstaff are all great and attentive. Remember this hotel is really old and there are some things that are still a little rough around the edges ..like the paint in the elevator. We discussed with Seth the need for a travel book in each room with maps etc..that is in the works . The only criticism- the bathroom lighting not quite bright enough and the bath tub -slippery. We highly recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: due to the shape of the hotel and the age-all the rooms are small but very nice and comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Thank you! The renovations were substantially completed in late 2011, and we are ready for our close-up. Thanks for recognizing the lovely people who work here, it makes it such a pleasure coming to work. Thanks for the suggestions as well. See you soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Great staff, wonderful location and comfortable rooms. A great value!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Great review, thank you.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is a vintage hotel from the 1920s, set on an irregularly shaped piece of land, so expect the rooms to be quirky in shape, layout and amenities. (This is not the Sheraton. Nor is it meant to be.) But overall, the Culver Hotel couldn't be a better value: the rooms have been recently renovated and are well-appointed and clean, to the point of smelling a little like disinfectant. The staff was very courteous and there's a great lobby bar with regular live jazz and excellent happy hour specials. It's also in a walk-able neighborhood, adjacent to the Sony Pictures studio, which makes this a great place for morning strolls. (The burning of Atlanta scene from 'Gone With The Wind' was filmed just up the block.) We stayed in a King Suite which was roomy and very nice.All in all, I would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for room's on the south side of the building so you don't...
1  Thank CostaLina
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

It is amazing how accessible Los Angeles County is from our hotel. Close to the 10 Freeway, with equidistance to Santa Monica, South Bay, Beverly Hills, Hollywood and Downtown LA. Thanks for coming and we look forward to having you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Culver City
Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Culver Hotel? Share your experiences!