“Wonderful BBQ”
Review of Maple Block

Maple Block
Ranked #12 of 362 Restaurants in Culver City
Reviewed September 26, 2018

The food is excellent. Pleasant efficient service and a clean open space. I left my jacket behind and the staff called to let us know. But the highlight is the BBQ. It's perfect...smoky, cooked to a turn, served with tasty accompaniments. I'll be back!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 29, 2018

This restaurant kills it on making high-quality barbeque, with a care for the meat used and the wood used. Their meat has a delicious rub, which is all a purist barbeque connoisseur cares about. It is NEVER about the sauce. We liked the hot links and the brisket. We didn't try the chicken, which was probably a miss, on the list for next time. Oftentimes, at barbeque restaurants, the sides are just an afterthought, but not at Maple Block. The sides are thought-through and well executed; they are not just filler. Top of the list were the macaroni and cheese and the collards. We look forward to going back, as we think this is the best barbeque we've found on in LA!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

We loved this restaurant from the moment we entered the car park. The staff are super friendly and ready to advise and the food is amazing, smoky and delicious!

The prices are a little high but compared to some of the other bland fare you can get in the States I'd say it's worth the extra money

5 stars for food, loses one for price, with regret.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Great looking restaurant with parking and outside sitting offered . As well as inside high and regular tables .As my date was late I had a drink at the bar and was able to use the “house”WiFi. The staff is so accommodating and welcoming that you want to stay longer and just chat with them .Food : not your tipical BBQ taste so you might not love it right away but this place is also a sausage factory and those are actually really good . I really liked the place its local beers and desserts not a huge selection yet good .price ok . One thought we never got bread and never were asked if we wanted some , so if you do make sure you ask .

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Maple Block restaurant is located in a nice area of west Los Angeles (I used to live 5 minutes away years ago) in a space which used to house an old style pizza/Italian restaurant.

The good news about the restaurant: Incredible brisket and amazing biscuits. Pretty much the best. Sides are good as well. Not sure why anyone would complain about them.

The bad: You're gonna pay, pay, pay! My family of (wife and 19 year old) were celebrating his birthday so we decided to splurge a bit (truth in advertising I had done my advance research and knew it would be pricey).Still. $115.00 dollars for 3 people who followed the servers advice re proportions (good advice by the way) seemed really expensive for the amount and quality of the food. FYI: We only consumed 2 beers and 1 soda. Incredible biscuits? Yes at $3.00/each (3 for eight bucks). The same held true for the meat. Pork ribs were good but $42.00? Brisket was incredible but $14.00 for a half pound. Still seems really high.

Would I recommend it? Yes but it's positioned itself as a high end, special occasion place rather than a once a month BBQ joint. Service was great.

Date of visit: July 2018