“I want to live here”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Cupertino
New York City, New York
“I want to live here”
Reviewed 2 May 2010

I've noted that this hotel is rated 4th out of the four hotels in Cupertino. That rating must be based on something other than the comfort and amenities. Perhaps location.
I loved this hotel so much that my first thought was, I want to live here. And I still feel that way.
The hotel was most obviously built in the 80's and the exterior design, sadly, still shows it. But the rooms themselves have been upgraded, and were absolutley wonderful.
I had a suite-which included a small living room with wet bar, desk and tv, a large bedroom with two queen size beds a seating area and another tv, and a very luxurious bathroom with more towels than I've ever seen outside a Bed Bath and Beyond.
All was very comfortable and homey. More so than my own home. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to spend all my time in the room, which was actually ok, since there's not much walkable in the area.
That would be the only downfall of the hotel. I didn't have a car, and the food choices in the area were lacking. That being said, I must note that a generous breakfast was included in the price, as well as a complimentary happy hour with hors d'oeuvres that were ample enough to replace dinner. Although they were not the healthiest of food items.
I was in Cupertino for an interview. The hotel provides free shuttle service from Cal Train, the San Jose airport and probably anywhere you want to go. I used them for both of my sets of interviews. It impressed my interview team that I pulled up in a stretch limo.
The staff is friendly and helpful, but the standout feature of this hotel is the amenities. There were high quality toiletries as well as good, non generic, brands of coffees and teas. The items in the mini bar were actually very reasonable. But in addition to that, the public restroom was chock full of items a person might need if they just came in for an interview and needed to freshen up. Toothbrushes, for example. This hotel obviously caters to to future employees and clients of the major corporations in the area. And they do a great job.
The hotel features a heated pool and hot tub, and access to a local gym. There is a friendly gathering area for the breakfast and happy hour with tv and games. There is free wifi thoughout the building, however, be warned, there are so many techies staying there that the access is rather poor. I'd wager that everyone in that hotel was sucking up the wifi every waking hour, judging from the number of computers at breakfast and happy hour alone. I couldn't get access during peak times. The only other issue was that the pillows were a bit too plump, but no doubt, they would have rectified that if I had brought it up.
Within walking distance is a grocery store, a Quiznos, a Rite Aid, an Outback Steak house, although that was farther than I was willing to walk. But the most happy find for me was the Michaels Craft Store. We don't have those in Manhattan, so I spent most of my free time and money there.
Bottom line, I'd stay there again. Heck, I'd live there.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed 14 April 2010

This is a great hotel! The rooms are huge, modern, and clean. I stayed here a few years ago before it was renovated, and thought it was ok. They have completely renovated the place and the rooms look beautiful, and the prices have not really changed...a great value! In addition, I was in town for a wedding and the manager and the entire staff really went above and beyond helping us plan things and I really appreciated it. If you are planning an event and are looking for a hotel, I highly recommend this one!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
dallas, tx
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Very good service. Ok breakfast. Free drinks and orderves.
Clean rooms. Excelent staff.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2009

I have stayed at the Cupertino Inn numerous times for business. The staff has always been nice and the rooms have always been clean. This is not a fancy hotel but not bad for business or family stays. They have free wifi (connection is not always great), free breakfast buffet (not bad) and free drinks in the evening (always nice).

Overall this is a good place to stay in the Cupertino area. They have also recently renovated their rooms, it is a huge improvement. Check out the photos I attached.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Seattle
Reviewed 26 February 2009

We've stayed at the Cupertino Inn dozens of times as we had a family member who lived nearby. The rooms are fine. they are remodeling some and I think the renovated ones may be a lot nicer (and are definitely more expensive). The others are showing wear but aren't terrible. The rooms are very large. be sure to avoid those that are right next to the freeway. Breakfast is included and there's a good selection (I love the waffles!). Apples are available in the lobby. Local and national newspapers are provided at no charge. There's also a cocktail hour from, I think, 5-7 with quite a bit of food. Also, the lobby/dining area is a great place to just hang out -- very comfortable with board games provided. The wireless throughout the hotel is spotty -- very strange for a place in Silicon Valley. In general though, I like the place.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 9 December 2008

I stayed in the Cupertino Inn over the Thanksgiving holiday with my husband and baby while visiting family. My sister lives in Cupertino and said that this was the closest hotel to her house, that it was nothing fancy and was probably a business hotel that got a lot of business from Apple (being 2 blocks from Apple headquarters).

Being from the Bay Area, it was a little weird staying in a hotel "at home", but I have to say that this is one of the best ever hotels I have ever stayed in. I called the hotel directly to make my reservations and was giving a special insanely low "holiday rate" on a king suite. I don't want to mention how low for fear that they'll never offer it again.

The Cupertino Inn is indeed nothing fancy. A very, very basic hotel with 1980's worn furnishings. It appears they may be updating the hotel. But our room was the largest room I've ever stayed in, was super clean, the towels fluffy and plentiful without asking and the toiletries very nice and replenished everyday. There were two sinks and a really nice showerhead with great pressure. The sitting room has a very cheesy 1970-80's wet bar. There's no separate refrig for your own use but is for the honor bar/refrig. There's a real closet in the bedroom with a full length mirror. There are two TVs.

All of the staff were very professional, attentive, and extremely accommodating to my family. They brought in a crib and lots of extra blankets and sheets immediately. They said it was no problem to use the courtesy bar/refrig for our personal use (mainly my baby's milk and food).

My son loved all the space to run around in. He loved the huge fountain in the courtyard. I could hear kids from other families taking advantage of the year-round heated pool too. The one downside to our room was that the bedroom window was full-length and could easily open (meaning my son could fall out if he got the window open). I should have alerted the staff to that, but I just pushed a large easy chair in the way instead.

Full buffet breakfast was included: eggs, potatoes, sausage, make- your-own waffles with pre-measured batter, yogurt, fruit, cereal, juice, pastries, bagels, large serviceable plates, glasses and silverware as well as huge to-go paper coffee cups Again, the staff were super attentive and jumped to help (with a smile) when they saw me looking for a tray to bring breakfast back to my room. The downstairs lounge was filled with families over the holiday weekend. There's a big screen TV and lots of board games. One father told me his family always stays at the Cupertino Inn whenever they are in town. The dining room also has dinner room service (we didn't use--hey, it was Thanksgiving!)

Overall, a nice clean large room, nice professional attentive staff, great breakfast. I say this all even though my son had the stomach flu and was vomiting (thankfully just on me and not on the hotel's furnishings!) and whiny all night long, and we were all half sick. So, even though we were all physically miserable, I still thought the hotel was great!! I'll definitely stay here whenever I need a hotel anywhere in the Bay Area.

• Liked — Price, value, breakfast, staff, large room, nice amenities
  • Disliked — Old furnishings, scary full length window that opens and you could fall out of
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
Reviewed 12 November 2008

I have stayed at Cupertino Inn twice in the last 6 months - the facilities are very basic - the hotel is in need of a remodel. The staff is hit or miss - I have encountered very helpful people and some that couldn't care less. The location was excellent for my needs. There is a very limited room service menu that leaves a lot to be desired. The positives are the excellent breakfast and evening cocktails and snacks.

• Liked — Breakfast and evening snacks. Free internet
  • Disliked — Needs updating
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
1.5 km away
Aloft Cupertino
#4 of 6 in Cupertino
1.6 km away
Courtyard San Jose Cupertino

Been to Cupertino Inn? Share your experiences!