We enjoy this resort in the Summer bc of its private beach and great pools. But, we also stay in the pre Winter in mid-Dec for our Anniversary. I always book a standard room w/a pool/ocean/resort view. They have this nice Christmas tree and snowman in the center courtyard. This time they gave me a suite upgrade that I didn't request; I received an extra 200 sqft and a garden view. I didn't see this as an upgrade especially for the occassion. Fortunately, the resort manager, Maria Fitzsimons fixed everything in seconds and gave me the room we requested. And she sent up a complimentary bottle of wine and champagne.
We drove up the coast to Mastros for dinner and came back to the room for a movie and drinks. I've been to every Starwood Resort/Hotel in CA being an SPG Platinum member, and this Resort is the best and I highly recommend trying it. We love breakfast room service on the outdoor balcony; Belgian Waffle, berry smoothie, and Huevos Rancheros w/scrambled eggs. It doesn't get any better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond resort overlooks the Pacific and offers private beach club access, with watersports, oceanfront golf, award-winning Miraval Life in Balance Spa, swimming pools, upscale dining, activities programs and more. Located in Dana Point, the resort offers easy access to a variety of Southern California attractions including Catalina Island, Dana Point Harbor, Laguna art galleries and events, Disneyland and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach