We had a great time at the St. Regis, and knew it wasn't on the beach when we booked it. We decided to stay there instead of the Ritz because it seemed to have a more modern (less stuffy) feel to it. It did, but instead of providing that unique experience you look for in a high end hotel, it just felt way too big. It felt crowded - from check-in, valet, to the restaurant for brunch (there was a 20 min wait) to the beach. They have carts to drive you to their private beach - loved the beach. But getting back to the hotel, the wait was 15-20 min. The room was very spacious and extremely nice, with a very nice bathroom as well. Again great time, but may venture elsewhere next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond sanctuary is sublimely located near Southern California's renowned destinations, including Catalina Island and Dana Point Harbor. Nestled hillside overlooking a private beach, discover an array of adventuresome experiences at our coveted Orange County resort. From thrilling water sports, to championship golf links, to acclaimed Miraval Life in Balance Spa, encounter lasting memories at our pristine coastal locale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach