Here's the deal...the hotel is more like a conference type hotel...the grounds and pool area are really nice. With the exception of the workout facility, the rest of the inside is dated and worn down. Our Ocean View room was subpar and not really what I would define as an ocean view. The food options are really limited and way overpriced for what you get. Most importantly, the service level was below average. The Ritz(which is right on the beach and has beautiful grounds as well) is just a whole lot better. We actually went to the Ritz for dinner both nights and lunch one day because the quality, service, and food options were just better. It felt like a 5 star experience at the Ritz and next time we will stay there.
My three biggest complaints about the St. Regis:
Our room was right above the courtyard area and the staff decided to setup for an early morning breakfast at 5:00am and it was so loud. After four phone calls at 5:00 in the morning, we were told that we could move rooms. Unacceptable.
Anytime we wanted something at the pool...we had to go find the server. They would not walk around and "serve".
The room keys get de-magnatized and stop working all the time. Just annoying when the front desk is so far away from the room.
If you really want to enjoy yourself at this amazing location, stay at the Ritz...you will not regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond sanctuary is sublimely located near Southern California's renowned destinations, including Catalina Island and Dana Point Harbor. Nestled hillside overlooking a private beach, discover an array of adventuresome experiences at our coveted Orange County resort. From thrilling water sports, to championship golf links, to acclaimed Miraval Life in Balance Spa, encounter lasting memories at our pristine coastal locale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach