“Gorgeous hotel with a great golf course”

Monarch Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Dana Point
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The resort is stunning and truly beautiful. The rooms were spacious and attractively decorated. Wonderful amenity is the night tables with USB and plugs built in for phones! The room service was great - highly recommend the Hot Chocolate pot. Had dessert at Stonehill Tavern and loved the seasonal special (pumpkin break souffle) and the root beer floats. Played a round at the golf course and it was fantastic .. Great place to grab food also. Cornhole on the grounds for kids. Walked to the beach on a trail which was lovely. They also have a garden. Didn't get to visit the spa but did go to the drybar on premise which was great. I highly recommend a stay here

Room Tip: studio suite was really spacious
1  Thank minimartzke
MonarchBResort, General Manager at Monarch Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear minimartzke,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the Monarch Beach Resort. I appreciate your kind comments and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our beach house again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is great! The ambiance, attention to detail, quality and staff are all top notch! We stayed two night and wish it had been longer. The location was wonderful as were the sheets! Do yourself a favor and book it!

Room Tip: This place is warm, friendly and so great...I highly recommend i...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Pam G.,

Thank you for the incredible compliment! I look forward to having you return for many years to come.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The words, magician, professionalism, 7 star resort, come to mind when I look back at my Day at Monarch last month.

EVERYONE I spoke to or came into contact with throughout the day was so friendly and warm, very accommodating, even such small details as the valet to offer me a hand to help me out of the shuttle didn’t go unnoticed, on one of my 15 trips up and down even one of your gardeners in a cart offered me a lift down to Club 19 saving me 1000 steps, the staff in other departments (gift shop and restaurant) were so very polished…

The rental vendors and florist were grace under fire as mother nature did her best to test our talents... Your servers were amazing at helping pull Club 19 together while I ran upstairs to the Grand Lawn to get the bridal party of 19 gorgeous guys and gals down the aisle. When I got back down to the reception it was just a matter of making sure each plate setting was perfect with the gift, thank you note, fern, name plate. For those crunch time hours your staff helped a great deal in the last moments.

David the Server Captain was not even once ruffled in the face of last min switches of guests food choices, extra vendor meals needed, delay in wedding party getting settled after pictures— he was pure class. (and I have seen it all) — He is a keeper!!

Valerie was so attentive all day and even at the end of my exhausting day she came to my rescue and took Courtney's 10 pound wedding dress from me to bring up to Suite 760 so I could finally scoot out around 9:15pm

Madison and Felicia were so helpful throughout the morning and evening.

all of the house men were like little elves who magically appeared anytime we needed assistance.

last but certainly not least yourself — my savor all day. From golf cart lifts, to quick reminders about time and schedule, to walking me though short cuts, to guiding the day with grace and a smile. Getting all the staff to work in harmony was my pleasure to witness.

I find myself lucky beyond words to have spent the day at Monarch! Cant wait until next time ~ kindest regards Jennifer with Spare Hands events

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear jcbbitting,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review and kind words and lavish praise you bestowed upon our team - I will share your feedback with our associates.

I hope we will have the pleasure to creating more unique and memorable experiences for our guests and your clients in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family just had a trip down the Coast so we only had booked 1 night. Not only was the hotel gorgeous and super clean, so was our room. We enjoyed watching the sun set from the hot tub. The family poolvwas perfect for my 5 yr old. Food and drinks at the pool bar were great. Only complaint would be the dog hair on the lounge chairs but a towel fixed that. I am already planning our next trip to Monarch. AAA 5 diamond rating is spot on.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank G1396YEchristinek

Dear G1396YEchristinek,

I would like to thank you for joining Monarch Beach Resort. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our resort, and I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. We have recognized our team for taking care of you so in addition to forwarding your comment to our housekeeping team for their further review and training. Please accept my sincere apology, not acceptable by any standard.

Thank you again for choosing our beach house as your “home away from home”, and we hope to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Service at this hotel is truly 5 star. From the moment the valet opened my car door, you could feel it. The check in was perfect. I sat on the veranda waiting for my room and was immediately greeted by a team member offering me a drink and something to eat. The grounds are impeccable to match the service. I was fortunate enough to stay in a first floor room and enjoyed a fireplace outside every evening. This is an impressive facility with an impressive team.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Gregory S.,

Thank you for your review of Monarch Beach Resort. I am pleased to hear you had an exceptional stay with us and that you had the chance to enjoy the resort during your business trip. I look forward to welcoming you back to our coastal playground in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

WOW, an WOW again! We spent the weekend @ the Monarch - group reservation for many of the guests attending my son's wedding... We held the rehearsal dinner at the Stonehill Tavern Steakhouse and it was nothing short of incredible... Staff amazing - Customer service amazing... We also had an outstanding dining experience for brunch at the Aveo where we were met by Dale who is by far the BEST example of what customer service is... Every person who interacted with us made us feel like royalty! First and foremost - Ashley Resendiz and Alyssa Foster... you made the weekend unforgettable! Dale @ the Aveo - you made me and my family feel specially welcomed and taken care of with our every dining need- especially when we surprised you with more than 30 (unexpected) guests for brunch on Saturday morning! Your ability to accommodate us and make our dining experience great and memorable was so very much appreciated...You are the best!!! Thank you... To Marcel (who greeted us at the valet) - thank you - Louisa (our Aveo server) - Thank you... Michael @ the Aveo - thank you... to every other person who I can't begin to list all their names - Thank you!!! - This place is seriously an outstanding and beautiful example of everything you want and need when staying at a resort... We WILL be back... ! Thank you again - All our gratitude - The Villasenors !

Dear jovillasenor,

Congratulations on your son's recent marriage! We are honored that your family chose to celebrate this milestone in their life at the Monarch Beach Resort. Hearing feedback from guests such as you is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be a part of our beach house hospitality family.

Thank you for your kind words and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful location, spacious accommodations, and excellent service. Was there for four days and three nights but because I was there for work and in meetings most of the time, I didn't get the chance to really experience the resort. With such a fabulous place, it's hard to really identify what was the best, but two things stood out for me: (1) I really appreciated the turn-down service at night -- it was nice to get back to a room that was tidied up, had classical music playing and the lights dimmed; and (2) I loved that there was doorbell -- so much more pleasant to here a bell chime to let me know room service was there instead of a hard knock on wood I will definitely be back on my own so I can explore and the check out the spa.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
MonarchBResort, General Manager at Monarch Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear murphy363,

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our beach house again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dana Point
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#4 of 23 in Laguna Beach
31.6 km away
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach

Been to Monarch Beach Resort? Share your experiences!