The St Regis Dana Point is a very nice resort. The rooms are exceptional. The grounds are beautiful, but if you want ocean vistas then you should go to the Ritz.
Had dinner at Motif and was thrilled. The service was excellent, the food was superb and the wine list extensive.
I didn't get to play golf, but I walked a couple of the holes and it looks impressive.
I have stayed at the Ritz (just across the highway) and comparing the two:
Rooms: St Regis (significantly larger and much better looking)
Landscaping: I give the nod to the Ritz. Ritz is right on the beach and has beautiful views.
Service: Ritz; St Regis needs to work with their employees while the Ritz employees are always smiling and welcoming
Food/Restaurants: They are both great
Pool(s): I think the Ritz because they have more variety
If it is your first stay at either of these properties, I would say go for the St Regis (the rooms are so much nicer) unless you can get the Ritz for a significantly lower price (I recently had that opportunity as the Ritz was running a package promo).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond resort overlooks the Pacific and offers private beach club access, with watersports, oceanfront golf, award-winning Miraval Life in Balance Spa, swimming pools, upscale dining, activities programs and more. Located in Dana Point, the resort offers easy access to a variety of Southern California attractions including Catalina Island, Dana Point Harbor, Laguna art galleries and events, Disneyland and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach