“Love this place ”

Stacks Pancake House
Ranked #2 of 149 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Breakfast and lunch. Has been open less than 12 months.
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Great breakfast burrito especially with the Portuguese sausage in it. Service is fast and efficient. Really crowded on weekends.

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 9:30 and was 2nd in line as soon as we ordered and sat the line was out the door!! Timing is everything here. We ordered chorizo scramble and the Denver omelet. They were tasty but lacked a large quantity of toppings. The pancakes are where it’s at load them up with toppings if you choose!

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

We visited here 2 of our 4 mornings while in DP. We determined we had to indulge in the chicken and waffles and I’m glad we splurged on our calories for this. Yes, it’s a heart attack on a plate, but WOW! Waffle, bacon, fried chicken, and a chipotle mayo...and yes.... you should top it with a little syrup. YUM! The kids had pancakes, French toast and strawberry/banana/Nutella crepes. The crepes were the next favorite. The line was out the door but the food did come fast once we ordered

Nixon T, Owner at Stacks Pancake House, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Sktegge, thank you so much for your kind words and amazing rating. I am so happy that you enjoyed the chicken and waffles! I hope to see you again soon. Best, Nixon Tanuwidjaja (Owner)

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

Breakfast is great!!!! It always has a line out the door... The service is super fast and the food is more than plenty for two!!
It is so good and the have an excellent variety of food to pick from!!!
Very very good!!!

Charleigh, thank you for taking the time to leave a review and rating. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your meal and our friendly service. Be sure to come back again soon. Best, Nixon Tanuwidjaja (Owner)

Reviewed April 23, 2018

We've driven by a number of times and there is always a line out the door so we figured there might be a reason and decided to try it. We went on a Sunday and the line was a bit shorter than we've seen for about 5 minutes before the customers began forming a longer line. The service is fast so the line does move. We looked at menus and prepared our orders before hitting the counter. You seat yourself which is tricky, there is a small indoor seating area with many tables in close proximity (just be prepared to squeeze by). There are a number of tables outside that are shared with other restaurants but they were not opened yet. It is just hard to find an open table. Servers will bring your order to you and any condiments you might need that are not at the table. The service is very fast, efficient, friendly and I commend them as this place is hopping. The servings are very big so come hungry. I had the coconut pineapple pancakes with the coconut syrup which were delicious but a few were a bit wet inside as though maybe they were not cooked enough. The bacon was tasty but cooked a bit harder than preferred but not charred. I would say if you like your bacon cooked well and perhaps dry, perfect. Scrambled eggs were cooked well. There is no way even hungry I could finish everything on my plate but I did leave behind the "maybe not cooked enough" portion of my pancakes. Based on reviews this could be a hit or sometimes a bit of a miss but the prices are reasonable, the menu choices are well varied. Glad I tried it at least once.

1  Thank Heather A

Heather, thank you for taking a moment to leave a review and rating. I am pleased that you enjoy stopping by for a bite to eat. I am pleased that you liked your scrambled eggs and our varied menu options. I hope that you will stop in again. Best, Nixon Tanuwidjaja (Owner)