“Breakfast at the marina”

The Coffee Importers
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Set in Dana Point Harbor at the WATERS EDGE a perfect spot to relax and get a way. We offer BREAKFAST & LUNCH ,SMOOTHIES, ORGANIC VEGGIE DRINKS, BAGELS THE BEST ESPRESSO BAR IN DANA POINT HARBOR AND WE FEATURE LAPPETS HAWAIIAN SUPER PREMIUM ICE CREAM. ITS THE COMMUNITY GATHERING PLACE FOR DANA POINT
Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

Lovely way to start the day. Coffee was good as was the bagel & lox - however to get a latte & a bagel I had to stand in two separate lines. I don't know the history of this place and therefore don't know why there are two separate buildings. But it was a relaxing breakfast at the marina - I enjoyed the atmosphere and the food.

Coffee I, Owner at The Coffee Importers, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2017

Hi Judith! Thank you for your review. I do apologize about having to wait in two separate lines, but unfortunately, it works most conveniently to have our espresso bar/pastries/ice cream separate from the food and juice bar. We serve drip coffee, iced coffee, tea and iced tea at the Deli, but the specialty beverages are in the next building over. The store started out as a coffee shop, then ice cream shop, and we expanded into the Deli soon after. I am glad, however, that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the food.
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2017

Sometimes a long line but worth the wait. Lots of different juices and smoothies, great sandwiches, panini's wraps and bagels. Healthy fare and fun sitting at the harbor watching people and dogs stroll by.

Glad to hear that you normally have a positive experience at our restaurant! I am sorry to admit that the line does get long at times, especially on the weekends. Thank you for sticking with us and enjoying our food and beverages!

Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

Had a delicious bagel with cream cheese and a coffee while I was coating from New York. It was beefy tasty and the setting at the marina was very pretty. I would go back again if I lived locally

We appreciate your kind words, Sharon! So happy you were able to stop in while you were in Orange County.

Reviewed March 2, 2017

We had great salads and sandwiches today. friendly staff. Great views. sit outside and look at the boats while you eat!

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our food and were pleased with the customer service you received. The atmosphere at the Dana Point Harbor is unbeatable. See you again soon!

Reviewed February 22, 2017

This seems to be about three different shops. Stopped into one and asked for an espresso, they said it was down two doors. Looks like their wild success as what started off (I think) as an ice cream shop kept them growing and expanding! Nice atmosphere out on the patio next to the harbor! They did however seem slightly confused by my daughter's soy latte order and came to the table afterward and said it actually wasn't soy and they needed to remake it.

Coffee I, Owner at The Coffee Importers, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2017

Hi there, Jeremy! I am happy you enjoyed the atmosphere. I am sorry that there seemed to be some confusion with your daughter's drink order. We have been training new employees for the summer months and it was likely just a mistake. Thank you for coming down and for the review! Hope to see you again soon!