“Solid Service & Great Dinner”

Luciana's Ristorante
Ranked #3 of 148 Restaurants in Dana Point
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Blue Lantern
Transit: OCTA bus stop on the corner of Del Prado Ave and Street of the Ruby Lantern.
Description: Orange County's Authentic Italian RestaurantLocated in a historical home in the resort town of Dana Point, California, Luciana's Ristorante has been serving the Orange County community for over 25 years. The decor is reminiscent of a cozy European-style inn, establishing it as one of Orange County's most romantic restaurants. Awarded the Southern California Restaurant Writers gold medal since 1996, three stars from the California Restaurant Writers, Zagat's Survey "America’s 1,000 Top Italian Restaurants 2008" and an Award of Excellence for its wine list, Luciana's has been setting the standard for classic as well as innovative Italian cuisine. Whether visiting our cozy restaurant or Villa Lucia, our Bed and Breakfast and Cooking School in Tuscany, Italy, you are sure to experience the best and freshest combination of the old and new worlds.
Reviewed January 8, 2018

We finally got here after moving back to SoCal and it is one of our favorite's after one meal. We had to change our reservation and they were very accommodating. We arrived early and sat at the bar (it's a small area). Eric the bartender was very courteous and helpful (my husband had him list every beer they had).

We were seated pretty quickly in what I would call the library portion of the restaurant. Our server Monika was very friendly, she was great. This being our first meal I asked for recommendations. They had a great selection of specials along with a classic Italian menu. I had the special Mahi in white wine sauce which was delicious. My husband had the Chicken Parmesan (Pollo alla Parigiana).

Food was delicious and service was attentive without us even knowing it at times. We will definitely be back. I would also add the prices were reasonable for such a nice meal in Southern CA. This is a small, more intimate sort of restaurant, can be considered romantic. Very nice ambiance.

1  Thank Heather A

Reviewed January 3, 2018

This was our second time at Luciano's and we had great food, great service and we could sit and talk with friends for a long time.
It was a very good dining experience!

1  Thank Judy M
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

We had risotto and ravioli. Risotto was well prepared. Menu was mainly southern Italian but extensive. Reasonably priced food and wine

1  Thank Bill F
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

This is head and shoulders the best full service restaurant in Dana Point. Outstanding service, cozy environment along with great family recipes makes this an excellent dining experience.

1  Thank yogiacomo
Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

This place is the Bomb! I love Linguini and Claims but hardly order it because I am usually disppointed. Luciana's far surpassed my expectations! My associates ordered Veal parmesan and Lisuana that was out of this world! Fabulous food, great service, nice ambiance made this family owned restaurant a true winner!

2  Thank Marilee W