“Locals Preferred!”

Ranked #15 of 149 Restaurants in Dana Point
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed June 27, 2018

This place is great for all the locals. We know what it has to offer and really do not want all the tourists there, but what I am actually doing is telling the truth. Big bar crowd of locals from morning to night. I do not recommend bring children to this place.

The food is great and the walls are covered in memorabilia. Beer or Bloody Mary for breakfast? This is the place to see the local hangout in the harbor. Usually long wait for breakfast on the weekends and in the summer.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Was in town for business and staying very close. All in our group are friends and after dinner our host took us here.

Great things on the walls and ceiling to look at including fish tanks in the ceiling. Yes. In the ceiling.

Friendly and quick bartenders. And friendly locals that made our time there even more enjoyable.

Can’t tell you anything about the food but the drinks were fine. Add this bar to your list. I think you’ll hVe fun.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

You know the old saying, “nobody ever goes there, because it’s always so busy you can’t get in”. Well that’s Turks. It’s always busy, crowded & loud, but that it’s style! If you are looking for a quiet place to eat & relax without crowds, don’t go here. Turks is where the party is! A lot of locals, because we know the food is good, the servers & bartenders have been there for years & most likely you will run into someone you know! The drinks are strong!

Reviewed May 27, 2018

First time eating at this restaurant and I am a huge fish, calamari, shrimp etc, fan. My husband is a fisher man and brings home Tuna etc and is also an excellent cook. Lots of flavors, so when I saw the Calamari Burger on the Menu I figured breaded crunchy Calamari in a Burger, that sounds delicious.
Unfortunately when my meal came and I took the first bite, it tasted like bland egg whites and nothing else, I was pretty disappointed. The calamari? if there was even any there was very soft, almost didn't even have to chew if it wasn't for the bread and onion etc. So I gotta say that if we ever go there again this will not be something I will be ordering again. Maybe it was just an unfortunate meal for me that day I'm not sure. Overall I was disappointed.

Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

I saw a picture of the place on Trip Advisor and it just looked like a fun super nice funky place on the water. The bar has a view of the water. It's located right by the boat to Catalina Island on the marina in Dana Point. We enjoyed the locals who were very friendly...the bar was full and more than one party offerd their seats to us. We did not eat here but I heard their burgers are the very best. I want one after hearing that. Great authentic place.