“Just Missing the Eiffel Tower”
Review of Bonjour Cafe

Bonjour Cafe
Ranked #34 of 149 Restaurants in Dana Point
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: A cozy table service or takeout traditional French Bistro place with indoor and lovely outdoor seating since 1992.Open everyday for Breakfast and Lunch with an extensive menu featuring a lot of Parisian specialties, serving generous portions including a kid menu for the little ones.We serve Wine and Beer plus weekend Champagne specials, serving also all kind of Coffee drinks from Cappucino to machiato etc...Free Parking is available all along the street plus we have a back private parking lot. We are located in the heart of Dana Point, 1 mile above the harbor and 5 minutes from all major resorts such as Ritz Carlton, St Regis, Marriott.
Reviewed May 23, 2018

All that is missing is the Eiffel Tower. I have been to Bonjour numerous times and have never been disappointed. The service and food have always been superb. I always get the onion soup made to perfection. Great rich broth, onions done just right and of course the cheese covering the top and crusted on the side (to peel of and enjoy). My wife and I (and friends we have brought to Bonjour) all have a wonderful meal when we go there. My wife loves the Quiche served there and besides the Onion soup I think my favorite would be the L’Opio sandwich of prosciutto ham, Roma tomatoes, goat cheese with herbs and spring mix lettuce, perfectly balanced. So put on a beret (just joking you do not have to) and head on over the Bonjour for a taste of France.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank caneguy
PASCAL L, Owner at Bonjour Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2018

Dear customer, we sincerely appreciate you took the time to review us and rated us 5 stars for food and service for our French bistro. A lot of our onion soup lovers mention that it is the best one they ever had. We proud ourselves for following a great Parisian recipe with high quality Gruyere cheese topping the bubbling soup. With a side salad it is a perfect copious meal.
Our homemade Quiches never disappoint and is served by the slice but many regular customers take a whole one to enjoy at home for brunches etc
We will share your compliments with our hard working staff and thank you for being a long time loyal customer
Have a wonderful weekend

Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

What a great place with great food. Atmosphere is wonderful and very European. Loved being able to sit outside and enjoy the food and the weather. Many good choices and lots of cook to order. Excellent and would go here again!

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank kblackman623
PASCAL L, Owner at Bonjour Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

Thank you so much for your recent review and rating us 5 star. We know that time is valuable and the all staff appreciates your great comments which explains how you were so satisfied with your whole experience visiting us. We definitely look forward to your next visit with us
Have a wonderful weekend!!

Reviewed January 29, 2018

Enjoyed many meals at this local place...only good memories and lovely casual meals. Try it while in the area!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank barbarabea2016
PASCAL L, Owner at Bonjour Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2018

Bonjour Barbara and thank you for taking the time to review and recommend us to so many TripAdvisor members. As a local place after 26 years tomorrow, we are proud of having pleased so many who have visited for a great meal time after time.
We will keep delivering such great breakfasts and lunches in a great relaxing ambiance with fantastic service

We are looking forward to your next visit soon

Have a great week

Reviewed January 23, 2018

My husband and I had breakfast at this cafe in December 2017. I had the french toast and it was beyond delicious. It was covered in a generous portion of fresh fruit. I could barely finish it (and I can eat ;)). My husband had an omelette and he was very happy with it as well. Since we can't go to a French Cafe and not get a pastry, we split a chocolate croissant for dessert and it was sublime. The service was friendly and fast. No complaints. We would happily eat here again if we ever find ourselves in Dana Point again.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank 981jessicaf
PASCAL L, Owner at Bonjour Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2018

Good morning Jessica, thank you for remembering us and writing such a great review with a 5 star rating. Our French Toast was elected Best in Orange County and continue to please so many regulars and visitors that we strive to make it the exact same way times after times. We are glad we could offer you some delicacies that you might not have the opportunity to try where you live too.
We are looking forward to your next visit at our Café when back in the area. Thank you again for your support and time.
Have a wonderful week

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

The hostess was rude she yelled at my 2 year old for playing with the podium she ignored us at first then finally seated us. The waitress seemed hung over from the night before. I ordered a kids meal for my boys to share and the waitress gave me a dirty look, also brought out my water but forgot my 2 boys waters I had to ask her for them.... I ordered a salad and it was bland and soggy the veggies looked old. Super overpriced for such poor quality. Save yourself a horrible experience and eat elsewhere. Stacks is only down the street and the have great food and great service go there instead.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Carolina B
PASCAL L, Owner at Bonjour Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2018

Your review is way out of consideration for employees who sacrifice a day with their family to provide hundreds of happy customers great food, service in the best professional way
The few restaurants who decide to open on the first of the year are so busy that a wait to be seated is expected and we do not take any pleasure at making our guests wait for no reason. Your complain about the food quality is hard to understand since you ate every bit of it
Your young children were indead climbing the fence, pulling on our plants, pushing into our podium and running on the sidewalk unattended. We are relief that no accidents occurred to them. Our prices are fair and printed on our menus and we have hundreds of regulars who claim that we offer great value

We wish you a great time at Stacks