US$169
US$157
Doubletree.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$195/night.

US$229
US$222
US$209
US$199
Capistrano Surfside Inn(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$188
US$289
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$599
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$861/night.

All reviewscontinental breakfastgreat locationwithin walking distancebaby beacholder hotelwhale watchingpool and hot tubcatalina islanddana point marinaocean institutewould stay againyogurtsmall balconyrestaurants and shopsnice poolbit datedcalled the front desk
Reviewed March 27, 2018

I have stayed here a few times before, and always found it pleasant, well situated, and good value. We checked in approx 4pm on a Saturday, and were allocated possibly the only room in the hotel with no balcony. We were there for two days. On leaving, my wife queried why we didn't get a balcony room, and was told it was first come, first served. I queried this later by e mail to the hotel. The manager, (to his credit,) gave me a lengthy response, but didn't answer the question, other than it was busy. I don't accept at 4pm, all rooms were allocated.
We were also told breakfast was until 10am. On Monday, it finished at 9am, so we missed it.
The man who checked us in was functional and not welcoming. He was the same man who my wife spoke to upon leaving. Upon being shown, in his writing on the back of our keycard holder, breakfast times, he didn't acknowledge his error. It is pretty basic to tell guests accurately the times for breakfast. No apology was forthcoming. Not a man who cares or who should be the first contact to arriving guests.
All a bit disappointing and leaves a bad taste.

Room Tip: Look at your room first
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2018

The location is good but the Inn is a dilapidated dump that should be condemned at the very least. I am shocked the board of health didn't close it down.. I have stayed here with group travelers 3 times, much to my dismay. I had a decent room facing the boats the first time. The next 2 times they put us in the room of horrors. The tub was stained , the bathroom filthy looking. The bedsreads scary! Didn't want to touch them. I asked 'Daniel', at the desk," the manager", to please change our room. He was condescending, surly, sarcastic and down right nasty. I told him I would like an upgrade and would happily pay for it. He said all the rooms were the same. I begged to differ since I had a better room before. He told me tough luck and I told him to get a refund ready because there was no way I would be able to sleep in room 113. I told him we would be sleeping in the lobby if necessary. He later found a room for us." Are you happy now?" Daniel asked, sarcastically , the next morning. The whole experience was typical of a place that is SUBPAR! Hope they found a manager that would like working for a living and who likes people. I would never return to this hotel!!!! EVER!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear by the docks are decent and some renovated. The breakfast was t not worth eating.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank betsybubbles
Reviewed February 15, 2018

This is the NICEST hotel for value in the Dana Point / San Clemente area overlooking the Dana Point Harbor and walking distance to good restaurants and fun activities in the harbor. The Dana Point Marina Inn and staff has been THE favorite of our family for over 30 years. The rooms are large, updated and super clean (half overlook the harbor and pool area!). They have a beautiful quiet and clean pool area that is so relaxing. The lobby and breakfast area are very welcoming. Most of all General Manger Tony, Night Manager Amir, desk staff and the service crew (who have all been there for many years and take great pride in the hotel and its accommodations) are wonderfully pleasant and obviously enjoy their job of serving the visitors. What more can I say... 5 star operation! We love this hotel!

Room Tip: I suggest paying just a bit more for the pool /harbor view. Its worth it !
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

What a treat the Dana Point Marina Inn is! It is an older place but has all you need to enjoy a stay in southern Calif. So many convenient great restaurants nearby. Easy walk to catch a boat ride to Catalina or go whale watching. There is a pool and Jacuzzi as well as a decent continental breakfast. A nice place that i would visit again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kblackman623
Reviewed January 29, 2018

We recently stayed 4 nights, and enjoyed out time there. The rooms need some updating, but they were clean and maintained. We appreciated their morning breakfast area and food. It was good basic food and the staff was attentive to any service needs.

Room Tip: I do recommend a higher floor on the water-side for less noise, and one closer to the reception area for better internet service.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family