“great hotel- gracious service” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Dana Point
GreenLeadersBronze level
long island new york
“great hotel- gracious service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Recently stayed 6 days- room was spotless-with all the amenities one could imagine- gorgeous bathroom- housekeeping pays attention to all the details- turn down service excellent! Concierge services were on target ( especially Lucinda) great restaurants were suggested and they were excellent! Pam and Jesse in the main dining room provided prompt professional service! Food was delicious- served promptly and HOT!!!! Especially loved all the breakfast selections and the vegetarian meal created by the chef at dinner! The ocean views in the dining room are breathtaking! The pools are beautiful and kept well supplied with towels and ice water and attentive service by the pool staff for drinks and snacks. Enjoyed the spa- had an awesome massage by Allie. Car valet personnel were quick and friendly. The hotel and grounds are beautiful and the service spot on! we will return!

Room Tip: had an ocean view room on the first floor- with a little patio to see the awesome sunsets!
1 Thank queenie12348
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
We are so glad you were able to experience the sunsets here...aren't they spectacular? Thank you for your detailed review. We will share your comments with the employees you mentioned. Our staff always enjoys reading such nice feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon so we may provide you with another exceptional experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

A nice hotel, a little tucked away from the street. With a very small sign, so keep your eyes open. Beautiful view out the back to the cliffs and ocean. Rooms are nice, a 4-star standard; it's the little things that are missing or not carried out 100% that do not qualify it for 5 stars.
Same for the service, really nice people, but not 5 star. We were sitting with a large group on the grass overlooking the beach. Most people were already back in the meeting, but at 2 (out of 8) tables people were speaking. Nonetheless, the empty tables were cleared and wheeled off. Not very comfortable for the rest of us.
So all in all, beautiful location, good food, and good service - but that last bit to make it exceptional is missing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Indeed we have a fantastic location - like no other in Southern California. Our highest mission is to provide the level of service that ranks amongst the best in the world. We thank you for your feedback as we continue our quest for excellence.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

This is the second Ritz Carlton I've stayed in (Chicago was the first). I've learned a few things about the Ritz brand....

First, it's going to be an expensive stay. Second, the service will blow your mind. Third, you can't really go wrong with a Ritz. Fourth, I wish I had more money and could live in one.

The Laguna Niguel property is one of my favorite places I have ever stepped foot in. The grounds are incredible, there are tons of seating locations to hang out and grab a drink, the food is great, but the people are what takes it to another level. The service is RIDICULOUSLY good. They really live up to the Ritz Carlton name here.

The rooms are actually just ok and the soundproofing could use a lot of work (I should be able to get a better night's sleep at this price). Still, it speaks to how good the staff and the rest of the hotel is when I give it 5 stars without blinking. From the Caribbean to Goa, India, I've been to my share of resorts. This one might be my favorite. Now I just need to win the lottery and I can move in.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rwalia99
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
We would love to have you move in with us! Thank you for your nice review of our resort. We will never let you down. Welcome home!
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Booked a last minute trip here from the East Coast for a short vacation with our 6 yr. old. Here are a few important things to know:
1. While our travel agent said there was a kids club, there is NO MORE RITZ KIDS. The only thing they have are pricey environment classes for kids 5 and up which start at $80 for a 3 hr. class per child.
2. Get on the club floor if you can. It has very good service, a beautiful lounge, and food throughout the day (a nice breakfast, a light lunch, hors d'oeuvres and a dessert buffet.) If you like to drink, they have liquor and limited wine from late afternoon on.
3. Our suite had no internet and it took them almost 24 hrs. to get it to work. It was a pain to get fixed -- techs in our room, having to take our laptop to other rooms to check, etc. I felt like I was at home and having cable problems with Time Warner! The hotel did fix the main switch and issue us a $100 credit.
4. There are some important TECHNICAL glitches with the suites, which WERE NOT FIXED. IMPORTANTLY, there were 2 flat screen TV's in the suite, both facing the same way. Unfortunately, they both turned on and changed channels when you used the remote from the bedroom, even with the door closed! IT's ACTUALLY QUITE A PROBLEM, when someone in the bedroom wants to watch one program and someone in the living area wants the TV off, or wants to watch another program!.

Also, I have never stayed in a space with such complicated light switches! The switches are NOT intuitively placed, and it's hard to figure out what dimmer controls certain lights.

5. Catherine, a concierge on the club level, was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Try to stay on club floor (4th fl.)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you very much for providing such valuable feedback. We greatly appreciate it. Feedback such as yours always helps us in making improvements and adjustments in our service and facilities where needed. We encourage you to reach out to our executive office at (949) 240-2000 to speak directly with our leadership team about your concerns. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Our Favorite southern California destination. From the moment we arrive and are greeted by name (throughout our stay) to the moment we leave with cold water and directions already in our car we realize that it is the little things that make this property so special. The rooms are always just right, the staff attentive without being intrusive, the food of highest quality and the setting..... Paradise. We always choose to stay on club level as the value can not be beat. The concierge on club level will treat you like a superstar and make you feel like family. The views are sweeping and breathtaking. Access to to the beach is a quick walk down hill with direct access( beach butler is available for transport). Be sure to enjoy the view from the main bar it is mesmerizing and have Kelly make you one of his great margaritas.... Unfortunately it will just make leaving that much harder.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Erinopolis
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It's our pleasure to provide you with the most
creative memories to take home with you. We hope you have the chance to visit us and Kelly again soon. He does make the best margaritas! We are proud to be your new home away from home.
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

okay...I had a horrible night for my last birthday....and Ended up driving up here at 3am with no reservations and looking complete mess. The staff couldnt be sweeter and more understanding. Instead of treating me like a crazy lady, they were comforting. I got a hotel room over looking salt creek beach for the price of a room with no view. I was satisfied with this and just wanted to go to bed. Not too long after unpacking in my hotel room, I receive a letter at the door...Hand written letter from the front desk girl saying she noticed it was my bday and offered me a discount for my breakfast. THis was not a short letter, this was a long and very sweet and personable letter. SOme people dont like this kind of service, but after the day I had...this blew me away. The letter cheered me up and I will never forget the care that I received that night. Along with this, my room was a standard size but very clean and very comfortable bed. My only issue was that I had no drapes.....Big sliding glass doors and no drapes, i had to change in the bathroom ( if you go, ask for a room with drapes...haha). Other thing is the balconies for the rooms are very close together with no shade between for privacy, SO in the morning I got to enjoy The ocean view on my balcony ..a couple feet away from the stranger next door doing the same. ( ask for a room with a more private balcony please!) Most caring staff I have ever encountered though, good job to whoever is hiring these people!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with drapes and private balcony with enough space between you and your next door gues...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
What a delightful review. Its always gratifying to read actual stories such as yours. Our staff
fully believes in the care and service they are providing for our guests on a daily basis. We all enjoy creating life long memories. Welcome home!
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I met my husband (who was in Ca for earlier in the week) for a Valentines Weekend and some much needed R&R.......
We did not have an ocean front room, but we did have a coastal view..Very private and we could hear the ocean waves and watch surfers plus people just walking around in the park..
I would re-book that room in a heart beat..
The Hotel was wonderful..the walking grounds spectacular, the staff was efficient and friendly.
The food choices a little redundant if you ate at the outside bar and the indoor dining room..
I would suggest eating out for dinners..LOVE that the Market Place was open for early risers with fresh baked goods and great Peet's Coffee..
My husband used the gym twice and said it was the best gym he has been able to use in a very long time..plus you cant beat the ocean view!.
I hope to be able to get back here again

Room Tip: I dont think there is a bad room..however many are from from the elevators..if someone has limited w...
1 Thank HHIBLONDE
We hope we catered to your every wish and need.....thats our highest mission. We look forward to creating more memories for you in the near future. We will be sure to hold another
beautiful coastline room for you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dana Point
The Inn At Laguna Beach
#5 of 22 in Laguna Beach
31.8 km away
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 20 in Huntington Beach
Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa
Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa
#6 of 22 in Laguna Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,050 reviews

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel? Share your experiences!