“Superb Italian Fare”

Casanova Ristorante
Ranked #12 of 148 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Casanova Italian Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge offers authentic North Italian cuisine in a romantic atmosphere. Many customers enjoy our specialties and specially selected wine list. The restaurant has a warm and friendly Italian ambiance with terracotta tiles and many beautiful images of Venice. It offers an indoor as well as an outdoor dinning experience. The delicious cuisine and wonderful music of many greats, including Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett creates an atmosphere for love and celebration at Casanova. We are located just a mile away from the Ritz Carlton and the St. Regis Hotels off the Dana Point Harbor. Please visit our web site for our most up-to-date menu and dining specialties!
Reviewed January 25, 2018

Came here for dinner with friends and though we did not have a reservation we were able to get seated outside pretty fast. I would recommend you make a reservation though as this place got really busy. You can tell the diners are regulars with the way they interact with the servers. The staff are nice and friendly. The food was fantastic! Pasta was al dente and the pizza was amazing too. I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank qhunnyb

Reviewed January 21, 2018

This cozy, shopping center located restaurant is a real find. As soon as you walk in, you get a homey feeling - the staff is very friendly, the decor appealing. The menu is is fairly typical of a most Italian restaurants - the selections are many and the quality of the food is excellent. The veal parmigiana was tender, tasty and not overwhelmed with the tomato sauce. The complimentary warm, Italian bread and olive oil was appreciated. A very sufficient wine list was filled with many domestic wines and enough Italian wines to satisfy those expecting a good Chianti, Sangiovese or Valpolicella. The prices were very reasonable, especially for this rather touristy area. This restaurant is popular with locals - reservations are suggested.

1  Thank robertgreninger
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

I love this restaurant. Huge menu and and wine list so delicious. Worked in the area so I was there 3 times . The servers were great and even dressed up for Halloween.

1  Thank Bridgetpianos
Reviewed October 21, 2017

When I followed the GPS to this restaurant, I had my doubts. It was our last evening of vacation and we wanted a “nice” restaurant for dinner and here we were in a Safeway shopping center parking lot. I drove in a circle about 4 times looking at Casanova’s. I was debating even going in. Then a waiter came out to see to some people sitting on the patio and he was wearing a tuxedo style uniform. I decided to give it a try, thinking we can always just turn around and walk out. Wow, do NOT let the location fool you. This is a great restaurant. The inside is very nice and upscale looking. As for the staff, from the second you walk in, you are treated like close family. Everyone is extremely happy to see you and that you chose to be there. Our waiter, Alen, was AWESOME. He was so friendly, professional and helpful. As for the food, it was excellent. We did not have any starters, just went with the salad that came with the entrees. It was simple and very fresh. The bread was amazing, We wish we had the recipe for it. When the entrees came they were piping hot, good portion size and delicious! I commented to my wife it had been awhile since I was served food that hot. Fresh made right to the plate. My son is picky about tomato based sauces because of the acidity and usually wants alfredo sauce. He had ravioli and got the alfredo sauce with it. He said it was the best alfredo sauce he has ever had and he eats it a lot. Although we were all close to full, we each decided to have dessert. Chocolate cake, crème brulee and lemon sorbet. All fantastic. From beginning to end this was a great dining experience. I have given extremely few 5 star reviews for restaurants. Casanova’s is certainly one of the best I have been to. Definitely give these people your business. You will NOT be disappointed

2  Thank JandAinAZ
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

So I'm literally still sitting in this establishment as I write this review. I could Not wait to let people know about it. Not a bad thing to say. We were greeted by a very friendly Hostess. Our server, Meredith, was wonderful. Atmosphere is quaint. But the food is the star of this show. I had the Lobster Ravioli which was the best I've ever had. My husband had the Lasagna, just as good. My only complaint is I found this place while on Vacation..... I would eat here once a week if I could.

1  Thank Godsblessing115