“Casual relaxed and tasty.”

Carlos Mexican Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #66 of 149 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal - tostada and burrito and flan. Attentive service and enjoyable fresh food for a reasonable price. Was a quiet night being a Monday night although this suited us.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

Had large horsefly in ice cube. Chip dripped unusual amount of grease. Restaurant had stale odor to it. Left before ordering.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

The food was decent, the service slow but friendly. My sister loves this place but I'm so so. There are so many great mexican restaurants in the area, but this one priced well.

Reviewed January 29, 2017

I've eaten here twice and the first time I was pleased with my choice of Huevos Rancheros, it was a deliciously filling meal. The second time I tried to eat here I was disappointed with my food choice. I ordered the Chicken Flautas and they were not very good at all.

They were too crispy, but not in a good way, almost burnt and didn't taste very good. Thankfully their chips and salsa are good, as that was the only redeeming part of the meal. I may go back, but it's only to order the Huevos Rancheros again....NOT the Flautas.

Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I love it here. Always fresh, hot, delicious food in large portions. Service is friendly and efficient. Today they had live guitar music. Ambiance is fun and comfortable. We will be back soon.