All reviews allow pets freeway side would stay again staff was friendly clean rooms stayed for one night pool and hot tub nothing fancy yogurt wake up call free wifi nice breakfast easy access short drive parking lot value for the money convenient location
Reviewed October 2, 2016

This is the second time we stayed here because the wife did not want to be downtown. Mistake. The room was ready on arrival and the reservation was correct. My request to be on the side away from the busy freeway was honored. It was busy since there was softball tournament going on in town. We got to the room and opened the drape to find a pillar blocking the view. OK, no big deal. Off we went to the wife's high school reunion. A good time was had by all and we went back for the night. Noisy, it was and did not settle down for quite a time. I still had trouble getting to sleep--lousy pillow and bed feel. I was awakened at 6:10AM nearby. It was not for fire but a guest in the next room left early but did not off the alarm in the room. It took a bit to get the front desk to answer the phone and then silence it. The 'free' breakfast was only filling. I should have gone to the IHOP down the road.

Room tip: Away from the freeway side.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2016

I stayed at the La Quinta Davis on September 23rd and 24th for a family reunion and I found the hotel to be a good value for the money. I made a reservation several months in advance and found that this was a good move as the cost increased as time grew closer to my trip. I think the University started that same week, so there were a lot of people in Davis over that weekend.

The hotel was clean and had everything that I needed for my stay. The Lobby was a little dated and needed some fresh paint in brighter colors. The elevator was a little slow, but the hotel is only three stories so that is not really relevant. I didn't eat there for breakfast, so I cannot comment on the quality of food. Overall, I thought the cost was in line with the service and quality of the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

Weary travelers leaving San Francisco when we came across this hotel. Very nice front desk guy. Room was awesome after the one we had stayed at the night before. Even had crown molding! Very clean and comfortable with an Applebee's right across the parking lot so we didn't even have to get back in the car to find a place to eat. Would recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2016

rented out room that made me sick because paint was not properly aired out. Staff argued with my about the transfer of my stuff to another room was insisting that I bring all my property all the way down to the lobby and checkout before they would give me a different room. Had to involve manager

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

Book in advanced because of the demand during move in and move out from Davis students. This hotel is in a great location in South Davis close to most of the apartments and not too close to the train like other hotels so it's quieter!

Date of stay: June 2016