I can't vouch for the normal rooms – but I can vouch for "The Cube" – best described as sleeping in a cinder block jail cell. NOTE: the beds are not real beds! The beds are no more than 3-inch pieces of cheap foam wrapped in a sheet, atop a homemade plywood bed frame – nothing says "spa" like sleeping on plywood and foam gathered from the hardware store. The shared shower has low to no pressure or hot water and AC does not work. Teenage kids race their cars up and down the street thru the night. I have slept in much nicer youth hostels for a fraction of the cost, very disappointing. Don't be misled by the fancy website photos, we felt ripped off after the experience.
On the brighter side: The swimming pool and hot tub are relaxing, everything seems to be very clean, and the receptionist was incredibly nice, helpful and understanding when I canceled the remaining days of our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miracle Manor Retreat is a six-room 50s era spa motel that sits atop Miracle Hill. The Miracle lies in the aquifer some 400 feet below the surface – the source of geothermal mineral waters. Innovatively restored by its owners, artist April Greiman and architect Michael Rotondi, the Manor’s highly detailed simplicity invites reflection, renewal and rejuvenation with two therapeutic geothermal pools, customized spa treatments, peaceful aesthetic and seamless embrace of its desert surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Miracle Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miracle Manor Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Miracle Manor Desert Hot Springs