All reviews rv spots having fun pool area ducks facilities pools desert water spa plants tubs
Reviewed April 7, 2017

Best friend and I spent the day here with a day pass for $14 each. We liked the fact that the resort has 4 covered pools chemical free. So, no chlorine. The hotel at resort has older rooms so we stayed eleswhere. The place is wonderfully landscaped. The outdoor main pool is nice but does contain chlorine. Has very nice grassed picnic grounds and barbeque areas. You can bring rvs, rent and older single wide, rent a room at the hotel or just come for the day. The property is kid friendly. We will come again!

Room tip: no rooms lead directly to pool so we didn't stay at hotel but looked at rooms...
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank laurildebaun
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

I'd have given this a four star rating if it wasn't for the totally disastrous wifi service that was out of action for the entire time of our visit! The wifi pay for use system took our order, sent a pending charge to our credit card but failed to make the connection. The "network administrator" was at a loss of how to fix it! As someone who still works part time for a living I was depending on this service. The 4 hot pools at differing temperatures were great but the screaming kids at the weekend were a pain! It was a pretty good site and I'd consider coming back again hopefully they will have fixed their communications in the next year!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank northernneckinn
Reviewed February 8, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for two months at Sam's and it was a really nice surprise! They will ask to run your credit if you are staying at month or longer. We arrived and was told to find a site we liked and check back into the office. All of the crew were absolutely helpful and friendly! The site was a gravel back in site with FHU. The vibe in this park was laid back and we went to the natural hot water pools nightly. The pool area is awesome and very clean and relaxing. We really really liked this park, clean, laid back and friendly! Can't wait to go back and relax next year! Thanks for the wonderful stay Sam's crew!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2016 via mobile

Sam's resort get a 10 out of 10.... BUT... their Wifi service gets a ZERO. It took me 3 attempts to place a simple on-line order. Something that should have taken 10 minutes took over an hour. FYI... It took 2 days at to get Wifi. Wish I hadn't wasted my money and just relied on my cell phone.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2016

This resort was panned by Sam in the late 60s and 70s. Started because he could not find an RV park that would take in his Kids and Pets. Soooo he bought over fifty acres and build one. He wanted the name FAMILY incorporated into the park. What he ended up with is just a wonderful place for a day week month or in my case the winter.
I have been coming here for more years than i care to count. But I am telling you this place is Magic. Natural hot water, Hot pools, big heated swimming pool. It is what you went to find and never did. Beautiful grounds, friendly staff and super clean. Look me up when you come i am in space 218 till April 17, James.

Room tip: Pets are allowed in the park and there is a little Doggi Area for off leash time. no dogs in hotel or trailer rentals
Date of stay: October 2016