“Very good!”

Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed there for four days and the very best part of the hotel was the customer service and the hot tubs/pools. The staff members were extremely helpful with getting around, finding the great things to do in the area, and generally just about anything at all we ever needed while we were there. They really are lucky to have the employees they have, from the maids to the front desk staff. It made our stay feel homey and comfortable.

As for the rooms, we had a room facing the pools/hot tubs and it was very nice. The negative part of the room was that it was not sound proof. We could hear the people on the other side of the wall, including their snoring and other engagements. That said, it didn't ruin our experience. Also, the room was set up strangely and there was nowhere to hang coats, etc. Still, there was a nicely sized refrigerator, which we loved since we bought lots of fruits and snacks at a local natural store and were able to keep them all well. It was a highlight to have a refrigerator in the room. Finally, cable is terrible but you shouldn't go here to just watch TV!

The restaurant inside the hotel is only open on the weekends and the food was not the most delicious but really well priced and good. If you're looking for a place to relax that's close to the many attractions of the area, this is a really wonderful place for you, especially if you want some local knowledge on the area.

1  Thank rebecacristina

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I visited my friends in LA and we decided to get away from pollution in Desert Hot Spring, CA. WE were looking for mineral water, ive checked tripadviser and our expectations come true in Aqua Soleil Resort and Spa.

Staff was very friendly, we got a beautiful room with mineral hot tab inside(!), champagne and spa treatments. What do you need more?... Food! Restaurant was not working.It was not easy to find out place for fine dinner. But whether was gorgeous and also we got treatments in spa. What a beautiful experience to be in Nina's(wonderful Russian esthetician) experienced loving hands....I was transported to visions of heaven while Nina worked on my head...beautiful colors and thoughts on the place of heaven. She is amazing massage technician with magic hands! The experience was just relaxing and her touch is strong and yet gentle, she did not miss any knots in my stressful body. I feel awesome ! I want take her in my home. I can not wait to come back to Nina's hand. I highly recommend to book Russian Nina.

You can notice a lot of renovation in Aqua Soleil Resort and Spa, it would be one of the best Resort in these area. Personnel is very helpful and friendly, prices are ok. I am definitely coming back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I decided on this hotel because of the price. When I was searching for a place for the weekend everything in palm desert or palm springs was either sold out or really high on the price. Then I can across this place and based on the reviews and pictures I took a chance.

I am glad I did I book a double queen with a balcony that had a great view of the mountain with snow. The rooms were nice and clean and spacious also the beds were nice and comfy. Flat screen TV on the wall and nice bathroom with a refrigerator. Since finding this place I've been back 2 weekends in a row cause of the price. Nice pool area and 2 jacuzzies one indoors. They even have complementary Champlain in the lobby.

Ella the manager was soooo nice and helpful. In my opinion this is the nicest hotel in Desert hot springs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel not in the front if your booking a double queen room.
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 20 February 2012

it is very nice indeed here, personnel is very helpful and friendly, cost is affordable for the range of services offered.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank aglkmrt V
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I have been staying at the Aqua Soleil on and off since December 2011, since I am in the area for work. I have been nothing but completely satisfied with every single time I have stayed here. Also, if a relative or friend is staying with me, the staff go out of their way to accommodate both of us. Every single need is always attended to and my stays are always pleasant and memorable. Finally, nothing beats a soak in the hot springs, especially in the morning before work and at night afterwards, thanks to their spa & pool being open 24 hours. I highly recommend Aqua Soleil as a hotel for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Killahchik
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The challenges actually began during the reservation process. I purchased a package stay on Groupon. I called the number indicated on the certificate for reservations and was connected to an answering machine. I left no less than 6 messages and never received a return call. I finally went on the website and called the main number. I was told that due to limited availability, I would have to forego the "package" portion if I was allowed to extend my reservation past the Groupon expiration date.

My husband and I checked in on our arrival date. We were checked into room 203 by Dave. During the check-in process Dave stated our room number out loud, with people standing right there....alerting any would be theif or rapist of exactly where we would be....I was shocked that Dave had violated one of the most basic rules for ensuring guest safety....never state the room number out loud.

When we arrived at room 203, we were very disappointed. There was evidence of a previous guest left in the toilet, debris all over the floor, burns and stains on the carpet, the bathroom door striker plate repaired with a matchbook stuck in it, a 10-penny nail used to tack the carpet down, there was no deadbolt or secondary lock on the door, burns and stains on the credenza outside of the bathroom, as well as cups and coffee maker missing.

My husband called the front desk and eached Dave. We asked for a different room and my husband was told by Dave, "We don't have any other rooms, I'll be happy to release this one and you can find accommodations elsewhere". Wow....really?......I can't believe that was his response! Wow!!! I was like he was saying...You don't like someone else's crap floating in the toilet when you check in, so just leave.

Dave told my husband he would call us back. He found another room for us, room 215.

Room 215...mirror had fallen off the hooks and was resting on the credenza just waiting to fall over (thank God we didn't have children with us that it could have fallen on), the bathroom ceiling fan has been repaired with paper that appears to have come from the outside of a roll of toilet paper, cardboard used to shim the bathroom vanity, no coffee maker or coffee, items in the freezer and hair in the shower. We realized at this point, that this as good as it gets as we were upgraded to a premium room.

By the way....we happened to be passing by room 203 on Saturday when the new guests were checked into that room. They were standing outside the room with their luggage while a staff member was inside trying to correct deficiencies inside.

The next day we put the privacy sign on the door only to return and find that housekeeping had serviced the room anyway....at least a half-hearted attempt at service. What is the purpose of placing the sign on the door if your request is only going to be ignored? I don't believe that every room has a privacy sign, as we saw several variations guests had made themselves hanging on doors.

The restaurant server was very friendly and provided us with great service. The food was average. The coffee and orange juice were bitter and undrinkable. The hours are so limited that there might as well not be a restaurant. We never did see a lounge or a spa.

The walk ways on the upper floors are deteriorating and have caused several trip hazards, mud dauber (wasp) nests line the corridors, electrical cords are being used as permanent wiring and laying exposed on the pool deck where dripping wet children are playing and running around. The pool remained open in the evening, even though the lights were not operational and the bottom could not be seen.

We are not picky people, by any means. We expect the basics....clean room, safe environment and friendly service. There is a distinct difference between the fantasy image projected by the hotel website and the reality. From our prospective, it's a classic bait and switch.

29  Thank MW007
AquaDHS, General Manager at Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear MW007,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience and impression concerning your recent visit Friday 17th of February to the Aqua Soleil Hotel. Please accept my apology for the issues concerning your last visit. I became aware of the issues you experienced from our Front Desk Manager, Ella, who forwarded me your phone message. I responded by email to you on Monday morning immediately after I received your email message.
We at the Aqua Soleil take customer concerns and suggestions very seriously, and I understand and agree 100 % with you that the assigned rooms haven't met yours or our standards. These rooms shouldn't have been used for any check-ins under any circumstances. I am very sorry that there was an oversight during the check-in process and one thing followed another.
If those incidents have been communicated during your stay to Ella or myself, we certainly would have taken some corrective actions to make your stay a better one.
At our Front Desk Display are our business cards made available to all guests who wish to contact us during their stay from the convenience of any guest room. Free WiFi is provided and we are on property most of the day during high season.
As I mentioned in my previous email to you we would be more than happy to speak to you in person.
My email is: sabinepollermann@yahoo.com

Sincerely yours,

Sabine Pollermann

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Too much noise at night...too much wind during the day...a terrible stay, waste of money

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends