We had heard good things about The Spring, so when our "regular" and favorite spa resort was fulll this last weekend, we decided to give it a try. We were very disappointed. In the brochures and write-up's the establishment boasts the tranquil environment and grounds. It stated that no cell phones were permitted around the pool area and voices were to be kept low as to not disturb the other guests. We found it anything but that. From people talking on their cells loudly poolside, guests yelling across the pool for conversations, to a bachlorette party "rocking" until 3 and 4 in the morning in the neighboring room, we left more tired and drained than when we arrived. In addition the grounds were very messy, dirty glasses, towels, food floating in the waters, we compared it to staying at a best western or motel 6, but certainly much more expensive. When we mentioned the caos to the managers at different points our comments were received with indifference. We fly in to the desert 3 to 4 times a year and have stayed at many different resorts. Needless to say this will be the last time at The Spring. Generally we do not write negative comments about locations and are fairly easy to please people, but did feel a need to share this information, because we have appreciated others being frank with their reviews when we travel to different locations. We had friends that decided to stay at The Spring as well, (2 additional rooms) since we were, they were equally as disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE SPRING Resort & Spa is a magical place. Overlooking Palm Springs w/dramatic views of snow capped mountain peaks, magnificent mineral water emerges from the earth at 170 degrees, charged with healing, restorative minerals. Luxurious, romantic guest rooms surround 3 mineral pools, featuring king pillow-top beds, down pillows, duvets and 100% Egyptian cotton linens. THE SPRING Day Spa offers a complete line of spa treatments, massages, buffs, wraps, and facials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your The Spring Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spring Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- The Spring Resort And Spa
- Hot Spring California