The Spring Resort & Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$79
US$77
Two Bunch Palms(Desert Hot Springs)
US$255
Tuscan Springs Hotel and Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$175
US$170
Lido Palms Resort and Spa(Desert Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$105
US$95
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa(Desert Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$68
Agoda.com
El Morocco Inn & Day Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$159
Hyundae Resort And Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$50
US$48
  • Pool
US$149
US$369
All reviewsliving roommountain view suitejuice cleansered carpetfruit and cheese plateget awaylemon waterfinnish saunahard boiled eggsdeep tissuepure blissbeautiful groundsfire pitno cell phonespeace and quietrelaxing weekenddesert oasis
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We visited The Spring last weekend and stayed in a small suite with a kitchen and a small futon in the sitting area, which enabled our daughter and her boyfriend to join us. We slept, read, lay by the pool, soaked, swam, had massages, cooked great if simple meals, and completely unwound. It is a very pretty but no frills spa, with a super friendly and helpful staff and NO distractions.

Room Tip: A few have kitchenettes, if you'd rather cook than go out. (Desert Hot Springs is a little devoid of good restaurants.) Otherewise, all rooms surround the swimming pool (also mineral). It's a small place...I think only about 10 rooms, plus a larger house for rent.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This charmingly small resort is intimate yet offers lots of services. Our room was contemporary & fresh as well as stocked with special touches from the cd player, refreshing rain shower heads, comfy bedding and a well-stocked kitchen perfect for 2. We treated ourselves to a spa service each day which was a special treat and the springs were a perfect way to end the day after our hikes. Unfortunately, at the time of our stay we found the town lacking in restaurants so we had to drive into Palm Springs to eat when we didn't eat in our little kitchen.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2012

The Spring has all the ingredients for a perfect getaway from Los Angeles: it is peaceful, relaxing and everything is done in great taste. It was a real pleasure to swim in these wonderful waters under the stars. It is a very romantic place that I will recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My spa treatment was booked for reflexology and a scalp massage, which includes use of the mineral pools and sauna at the facility. The facility itself is clean and very attractive -- however, on the day of my visit, something was wrong with the well, and the springs were not at all hot (although the tempers of the guests staying there certainly was). A call to me prior to my visit letting me know about the malfunctioning springs would certainly have been in order, as I drove from Joshua Tree to Desert Hot Springs. For my appointment, the therapist escorted me to my room and asked me which aromatherapy scent I wanted -- clearly she didn't know I was there for reflexology and sure enough, someone booked me for aromatherapy and a facial -- a FAR more expensive spa treatment. After the most mediocre foot massage (not at all reflexology), I had to get up and move to a different room for my scalp treatment, which consisted of an esthetician pouring cold aloe vera on my scalp and lethargically rubbing it into my hair. I am a licensed esthetician (of 11 years) and these two treatments were just awful. The ultimate insult was looking down at my service receipt (which you are handed) and seeing that no one bothered to change the charges for my services -- had I said nothing, I would have been billed well over $200 for 60 minutes of 'treatments.' Upon checkout, the price of my services was discounted to $66, but in truth, I think a far more professional approach to this disaster of a day would have been to apologize for the terrible service, the lukewarm mineral pools and my wasted time. I hope this review is helpful!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
11  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed February 9, 2012

The Spring Resort & Spa in Desert Hot Springs is a nice oasis. The staff is very friendly and helpful. If you need assistance they are more than willing to help, if you don't want to see them they won't bother you.

The rooms are comfortable, fairly basic, but do have a few nice elements. My room had a small kitchenette with a 2-burner stove, dorm size refrigerator, microwave and even a table for two. The view looked out over the 90 F degree pool, and 100 F degree hot tub. The spa was a short stroll away down stone steps into a serene stand-alone building.

I did have a spa treatment, the Cranial Dreamwork massage. This light touch treatment took me to nirvana. It opened something up inside me and I had some interesting insights. Afterwards I used the sauna with an added perk, Eucalyptus aroma.

They don't have a restaurant onsite, but they do offer a continental breakfast in the morning. They also have a cheese plate and bottles of wine you can order for room delivery or poolside sipping.

Overall, the resort is a winner. Don't expect high-end luxury, but do expect to relax.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends