All reviews mountain view suite lemon water yogurt hard boiled eggs swedish massage small resort beautiful grounds quiet atmosphere southern california small kitchen mineral pool an oasis can't wait to go back mid century los angeles zen spa
Reviewed June 30, 2016

The room, the bed, the linens, the water, the staff, the pools - swimming pool, indoor warm pool, outdoor very-strong jet jacuzzi under the stars! It just gets better and better - Finnish sauna, wonderful breakfast in the "living room". Everything was perfect! PLUS, there are two lounge chairs up on a little mound - perfect for late night UFO hunting, wrapped in the comfy bathrobes provided, after a good "hot" soak! It's like paradise!

Room Tip: They are likely all good rooms, as they open on a central area that includes the pool
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tina Rappaport U
Reviewed May 31, 2016

Nothing I write here will 100% explain how amazing this place is. We needed a little getaway and we were absolutely blown away by The Spring. First time, definitely not our last. In a world that severely lacks any concept of hospitality, the staff here rock at it. Everything was perfect. The room is simple, clean, and just what you need for a stay that hopefully you spend a lot of time out of the room. The springs, the yoga, the spa services all should be totally taken advantage of. My massage was by far one of the best I have ever had and I've had many. While there I was surprised at how quiet it was. Everyone honors the polite signs to please whisper. We left completely relaxed and look forward to another stay.

Room Tip: Room 5 was awesome.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2016

Wow, my wife and I read a great review on The Spring Resort & Spa on a Lonely Planet guide so we decided to stay a night. First impressions were excellent, fantastic service and friendly staff. We had a one bedroom suit, so comfortable and quiet. The provided breakfast was great, the the mineral spring pools are amazing. We loved it so much we decided to stay another night. The grounds are well maintained and beautiful. The spa treatments could be better, as it was a little noisy and felt my massage was rushed, however our two night stay here was great. Definitely a highlight of our California holiday.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I came to The Spring resort about 2 years ago and it was the highlight of our trip to Southern California. The rooms are lovely and comfortable. . Simple but elegant. The grounds are small and well kept. There are only 9 rooms that surround the beautiful peaceful courtyard. The courtyard has three mineral spring fed pools basically you walk out of your room and into a healing mineral bath. When we visited I saw they had juice fast spa weeks. I promised myself I would do one.

Here I am two years later. The spa is still lovely. I am doing a 5 day juice fast "Vida Cleanse". I thought I would feel deprived and terrible. Nope, I feel pampered and relaxed and healthier. If you have the chance to take care of yourself. This place and fast are worth every penny. Please make sure to treat yourself to a few of their wonderful spa treatments. You only live once.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2016

The Spring strikes the perfect balance of minimalism and luxury, and as many other people have mentioned in their reviews, every single detail is handled. The rooms are simple but elegant. I've stayed here twice for long weekends and I've never wanted to leave - in fact, both times I've brought groceries in and haven't left the property for the entire stay. The kitchens in the rooms are perfectly equipped with everything you could need.
The staff is very thoughtful and friendly but never obtrusive.
The breakfast is lovely - hard boiled eggs still in shells, fresh gorgeous fruit, lots of types of tea.

And the water.

Oh, the water.

If you've never been the Desert Hot Springs, you must think that everyone who writes a review is a hippie dippie crazypants. I can assure you that the water you drink and the water that is in the three immaculate pools here has a very specific mineral profile that is immediately noticeable. Sulfur is not a characteristic here so no stinky water. Your skin will feel smoother and calmer, as will your mind. I promise - it's science.

Go - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple