See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 24, 2017

I arrived at this place of shrewd, non-smiling people, and was so surprised to see the decline of this "Hotel", which happened so quickly!

I have stayed at this hotel thru it's many name changes and owners. I love the motif of this Hotel, and the many facets it has to over (once a restaurant, bar, small gift shop, unique spa), but thru each owner change, I ended up having to stopped going because of sheer disappoint with seeing any improvement. In 2013, the Hyundae Resort, reopened with a new owner and a fresh crew of workers; of course new management.

I was very happy for the past 4 years, as every visit I saw positive changes coming about. The employees were courteous, informative, and did well with overall guest satisfaction--obviously, the G.M. cared about who she hired and trained them well.. from housekeeping to Maintenance, Front Desk to the clean pool area, and newly renovated rooms--the Hyundae was blossoming!!

The new managers, James, and Wendy, are ruining the hard work and efforts and improvement that the former manager--whom I was informed was no longer there--by the new manager wendy--who gave a "bitter beer" face when I inquired about the G.M.'s where-a-bouts!! She informed me of James being the new G.M. I can sum the two up in just a few words--Horrible, Unprofessional, and ARE YOU SERIOUS?? THAT'S YOUR NEW MANAGEMENT TEAM??

I could go on n on about the "charged" "incidentals" in the amount of $200.00 processed at check-in--that should have been only authorized. I have yet to receive my REFUND to my credit card, or a decent, logical explanation of WHY??? Wendy's only answer "I don't know.... It's going to be fine... everything is ok".. no joke ask her any question, that is the only answer you get!!! All my attempts to reach James have been empty--are you sure he really exists????

So, people I wouldn't write such a lengthy, detailed review normally, but felt anyone and everyone should be warned about the fallen Hyundae!!

If anyone out there knows what the lady G.M.'s name was--or even better--where she is--please let me know--BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE I WANNA STAY!!

Room Tip: None - Best Choice - Run!!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Linda L
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Seen price in Booking.com, $83.00 per night. My daughter called, spoke to a woman regarding location, amenities... When my daughter told the Woman she was going to book a room On-Line, Woman said she would honor the price if my daughter wanted to Book with her. My daughter asked about cancelation policy. Woman said Cancel anytime, No Problem. Card Infomation was given, Room was booked for 2 night's.
Upon arrival, my daughter felt the location of hotel was questionable, not safe for 2 Young women! She called to cancel. A very rude man took the call, (claimed to be the Owner!) He said They have a No Cancellation Policy... Hung up and Immediately charged her card charged $257.00.
After making several phone calls to the proper People, we found out this facility is under investigation from the State Attorney General.
Since my daughter used her Debit Card, she has filled A Fraud Claim but we don't know if she can get it back.
Stay Away from Hyundae Resort in Desert Hot Springs.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank DTPhotos
Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

Decided to try it because it looked cool from the outside. Well rooms were small, old people playing cards in the lobby. Pool closes at 12. No resteraunt or bar. Never again. Im always staying at desert hot springs spa.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank devinf267
Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

We looked through the Coachella Valley for a decent, yet not over the top hotel, as we were going to the area for a concert in the same weekend as the Coachella Festival. Of course everyone had pumped up their prices as a prime... And everybody was booked solid, mind you, this is a month before the date. After looking unsuccessfully, we found room at the Hyundae Hotel in Desert Hot Springs. Although I had seen not favorable reviews for the place, I considered the fact that some stated the place was being renovated, so we booked it hoping it was a clean and safe place to spend the night after the concert. Their price was $196 for the night, but it seemed a better alternative to driving back in the middle of the night. Because of prior experience, if a place does not have the best reviews, we bring our own linens, so this would be one of those...
When we got there, we walked into a place that is in clear trouble and in lack of maintenance, starting with the parking lot. The pavement was completely cracked and weeds have grown through the lot. The front of the hotel is in need of a coat of paint. The reception looked. Lean and the receptionist seemed pretty pleasant. I told her I had read reviews and the range from a clean place to spend the night to not real nice things to say. I asked her if the place was a clean and safe place to stay. She stayed she had been working there for two weeks and the only complaints she had heard was that the spa was closed, as they did not have a license to operate it, that the soda machine only was dispensing carbonated water as they did not have a license yet and the restaurant and bar were closed as they were remodeling, but other than that the place was clean and they had maintenance personnel throughout the day for any needs. As we checked in she asked if the manager had called us to inform that they would not have any king rooms for the night and we would be placed in a double room. I replied I had booked a month in advance and nobody has called me. She arranged so we would be placed in a king room as we had booked and told us how to get there. Although we paid our stay with our credit card, she opened an authorization for a$200 deposit, when we inquired about it, the receptionist instead of saying that it was for any incidentals, stated that the deposit was in case of any problem, as the Coachella concert guiders had created some damages... She informed us that if we were going to come back late, there would be a security guard keeping the lobby safe and he would open the door for us. She stated there was no receptionist at night but the guard would care for any needs we could have. As went to our room, we had to cross the closed bar to reach our room. Chairs were stacked and booths were out of their place in a very dusty, obviously neglected area for a while. No sign of remodeling was visible. The floor outside the room was patched with white fix all and left without being repainted.
When we got to our room, our first impression was of a clean room, but as we walked towards the restroom we noticed the walls were duty with grease, one of the ceiling panels was broken and fallen, the light covers cracked and the carpet had a white strain, as if bleach had been there. Because of the receptionist statement as to damages made by others and her deposit, I went back and showed her the pictures I had just taken with the damages and stated I would not be responsible for those, she was very accommodating and offered to place us in one of the first floor rooms that had already been remodeled. I asked my wife and we looked at the room. Although repainted and wood added instead of carpet, the place smelled musky and was very dark. As we were looking, she stated the only thing we could not use was the jacuzzi that was broken and covered by a curtain... We decided to stay in the original room, where we showed and got ready for our concert. I noticed there was no iron or board in the room and asked for one, the receptionist let me borrow an iron but no ironing board.
Though we were not one bit happy with the place, we did not want to drive back to LA in the wee hours of the morning, especially with people returning from the Coachella Festival... So we prepared our bed with our linens, used our own towels after the shower and then left for our concert.
Coming back around 1AM was an experience...a couple of shady characters had just gotten to the hotel just before us, so I tried to park as close to the entrance possible, but the stall available was full of trash, forcing me to park next to those that had just arrived prior to us. It was an awkward feeling when the guard opened the door of the reception, than now was dimmed to a couple of light bulbs with a very "closed view". What made us decide to leave was crossing the closed bar to reach our room... A dark place where anybody could hide and do whatever it harm anyone they wanted to, and more awkward to hear somebody having a conversation in the immediate area. I actually walked with my pepper spray in my hand when crossing the area. Not a safe place for bringing your wife... We decided it was one thing too many, picked up our baggage, left the linen we had brought and went to the security guard to check out with her. It was better to weather the traffic back than only God knows what at The Hyundae... Never again. Obviously, the lack of licenses for the facility is because the place cannot comply with the City's requirements... I wonder what it will take for the place to either comply and fix their mess or stop operating...

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Alex R
Reviewed April 19, 2017

Don't be duped like I was: Be sure to view the "traveler" photos and not just the "management" photos. Some booking sites only show the "management" photos, which are highly deceptive. Upon arrival, we found this place to be so nasty and scary that we left and booked with another hotel, even though Hyundae refused to refund our money.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family